• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

Dr Kenneth Bock?

A friend wants to see him, but not for CFS. She is interested in his integrative health approach to asthma, allergies, adhd, and autism,
  2. J

Dr Kenneth Bock?

Has anyone heard of him? He is in New York. Thanks.
  3. J

Have My Gene Sequencing Data - Now What?

Just got my gene tests results from Genos. I've seen a few genes to look at for variants. Does someone have a more comprehensive way I can use my data? Thanks.
  4. J

Klimas' Study?

heard her somewhere at a conference or in an interview, saying she was trying something new, starting in dec 2017.
  5. J

Klimas' Study?

It was my impression it was not CoQ10.
  6. J

Klimas' Study?

Dr Klimas was supposed to start a treatment trial in December on GWI, in which she said would apply to CFS. She said results would be quick. Anyone know how it's going? Thanks.
  7. J

What's worked for me

I'm confused why taking follistatin is recommended if it was deemed to be the same levels as in healthy controls in the latest study. I know it acts to lower Activin B, so we need an abnormally high level of follistatin?
  8. J

Activin B is a novel biomarker for chronic CFS/ME diagnosis

I'm confused why taking follistatin is recommended if it was deemed to be the same levels as in healthy controls. I know it acts to lower Activin B, so we need an abnormally high level of follistatin?
  9. J

Chris Armstrong's presentation for Solve ME/CFS October 20 2016 (metabolomics)

@ChrisArmstrong I produce lactic acid much quicker since ME/CFS; my anaerobic threshold is much lower; is this in conflict with your results of low lactate?
  10. J

Disappointing Visit to Dr. Montoya's PA

New here, Bella, did Dr Montoya suggest any anti-virals, like valtrex or others? Thanks. Jim
  11. J

Dr Montoya's Treatment?

I read somewhere that Dr Montoya was having a high success rate, but his treatment was not disclosed. Does any know what it is? Don't think it was referring to valganciclovir. Thanks.