• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Mark426

Streptococcus overgrowth

Sounds like rough die off, I've heard it gets pretty bad for some people have you tried activated charcoal? When I spoke to Bioscreen they told me it's common for people to want to give up in the first 3-4 days as it gets pretty bad. My die off wasn't as bad as yours and got better quickly (I...
  2. Mark426

Streptococcus overgrowth

Ampicillin for 1 month then Erythromycin for 1.5 months, pulsed treatment so 1 week on and 1 off. Bioscreen and Mr Dr both told me it's normal to feel terrible for at least the first few days due to die off. I didn't start feeling actual benefits from the treatment until I started the...
  3. Mark426

Streptococcus overgrowth

I initially took Ampicillin SR 3x per day for Strep Overgrowth and I had similar symptoms, a lot of fatigue and apathy, felt terrible.
  4. Mark426

Streptococcus overgrowth

I have heard that too, specifically lowering E. coli levels...
  5. Mark426

Feeling exhausted after bowel movement

I also get fatigued, lethargic, apathetic after a BM, sometimes I feel a burning sensation in the colon as well. This morning I was feeling great up until the urge came to go to the toilet, this is often signaled by my mind going blank, mild depression + anxiety and then post BM is the fatigue...
  6. Mark426

Helminthic Therapy anyone?

My friend has been on it for most of this year for Chrons, he reported good results... The Facebook group has a lot of resources and a community you can connect with.
  7. Mark426

Hot Showers making things worse

I have stage 3 Adrenal Fatigue (never had CFS) and hot showers always trigger fatigue for me, I use to be far worse back when my Adrenal Fatigue was at a worse stage.
  8. Mark426

Streptococcus overgrowth

How's everyone going with their treatments? I got my Bioscreen last week (first result) 19% Ecoli and 77.95% strep overgrowth (mostly strep anginosus). There are some other imbalances but those 2 are the main offenders. They also picked up stage 3 adrenal fatigue through an Adrenocortex...