• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. H

Magnesium Threonate is like Speed!

Do you guys still feel stimulation from magnesium l-threonate or sedation? I found that taking the full 144mg dose (2g of powder) at once made me super sleepy in the past but it feels stimulating nowadays, while still occasionally making me very sleepy. What would cause this?
  2. H

NDT vs. T4/T3 combo

I think it's called "Thyroid" and might be a combination of a 30 + 60 mg pill. I'll have to check at the pharmacy, I hope it's not a generic.
  3. H

NDT vs. T4/T3 combo

Alright I got prescribed 90 mg dedicated thyroid but I can also switch backbac 100/10ug T4/T3 if I want to anytime. The brand is the Canadian one (Armour I believe). I'll post an update later. Does NDT release thyroid hormones in a slow release/compounded fashion or is it instant release?
  4. H

NDT vs. T4/T3 combo

Also found this piece of info, any thoughts? Those sound like some pretty awesome benefits to try out NDT over T4+T3. All references to the literature are posted in that link at the end. I will show this to my endo tomorrow when I see him and see what he thinks. Last time he told me that some...
  5. H

NDT vs. T4/T3 combo

That sounds like a pain in the ass but I'll talk to my endo.
  6. H

NDT vs. T4/T3 combo

How does NDT compare to the equivalent T4 and T3 combo subjectively? I know that NDT has other thyroid hormones like T1/T2 and my endo is open to me trying it. I'm currently on 100ug Synthroid and 10ug Cytomel.
  7. H

Thyroid hormons T4/T3, someone else taking it for CFS/ME?

Compounded sustained release T3 sucks coming from Cytomel, I feel so sleepy. My new pharmacy messed up my rx so I have to take it for a couple of days until the Cytomel comes in. Is this what NDT feels like too compared to instant release T3?
  8. H

Lesser Known T2 Thyroid Hormone Activates Mitochondria

Would it be a better idea to just try NDT instead since it's a combination T3/T4/T2/T1?
  9. H

Lesser Known T2 Thyroid Hormone Activates Mitochondria

Is T2 worth a shot if I'm already prescribed 100mcg T4 + 10mcg T3?
  10. H

Clostridium Butyricum - A Game Changer?

https://www.reddit.com/r/HumanMicrobiome/comments/6k5h9d/guide_to_probiotics/ https://www.reddit.com/r/ibs/comments/65ifz6/ibsc_sibo_cured_with_single_strain_bb536_probiotic/ https://www.reddit.com/r/ibs/comments/6hbq7e/follow_up_to_bb536_probiotic_strain_for_ibsc/ It looks like BB536 might...
  11. H

Practical ways of looking nice

How do you guys about hiding the black bags under your eyes due to poor quality sleep and general fatigue? I look like an opiate addict sometimes.
  12. H

Blood doping, it helps naughty athletes, could it help us?

This is 100% correct. Man, even collegiate athletes dope and powerlifters (a sport with no money) has tons of doping going on at the world level. IMO, drugs should be legalized in the olympics to make it an even playing field because as of right now it's not fair. You cannot and will not ever...
  13. H

Blood doping, it helps naughty athletes, could it help us?

I also tried the sample pack (basic and advanced), ani is my favorite of the 8.
  14. H

Has anyone here tried a FMT?

It's a damn shame that FMT isn't getting the funding it needs to have more research done. It has the potential to be a miracle cure for nearly anything related to gut and/or psychosomatic issues. I await patiently...
  15. H

Extreme reaction to methylfolate

So the reason why an "undermethylator" might respond well to SAM-e but not m-folate is because the former does not deplete serotonin like the latter?
  16. H

What causes a sensitivity to methyl donors?

So we all know that some people are quite sensitive to methyl donors and cannot even tolerate the smallest dose of say, methylfolate, while others can take 5mg from the get-go and feel fine. It's a popular theory that COMT and CBS polymorphisms result in sensitivity to methyl donors because...
  17. H

How to improve getting up in the morning?

Here's the Wikipedia on the Orexin spray: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orexin-A I can post a review after using it for a month or two. I reconstituted my bottle so each spray is 50ug, I'll try 1-2 sprays.
  18. H

I think Ceretropic are the only vendor to carry it, you have to reconstitute it yourself though seeing that it's a long sequence peptide so it's fragile. It needs to go in the fridge too.
  19. H

Orexin-A (nasal spray) should really help, after all it's the primary system involved in wakefulness. I am in the process of trying it.
  20. H

Actual "brain fog" caused by low choline, leading to low acetylcholine?

Choline makes a lot of people depressed, I can't take any choline at all in supplemental form. The type of depression is a bleak, dreadful and hopeless type of depression. Just look at this...
  21. H

Brain feels enflamed

This is on my list of nootropics to try, it's next. I used N-Acetyl Semax Amidate for a few months and am now using Orexin-A which is great so far.
  22. H

Do you take Boron with vitamin D?

Be very careful with boron + vitamin D3. Boron increases D3 absorption by a large amount (see Examine for study) which can lead to hypervitaminosis D/hypercalcemia which I was diagnosed with after using 12mg boron for a couple of months along with 10000iu D3 daily. I have since dropped the boron...
  23. H

Has anyone tried this supplement?

It's ok, highly overrated. It's akin to mild caffeine or tyrosine but it does feel more natural.
  24. H

Caffeine: helps, hurts or makes no difference?

Thanks for writing. Looking back at my genes, my response to caffeine makes a lot of sense. I should only be using it sporadically as to not regularly compromise sleep quality but that's easier said than done once you're physically dependent on it.
  25. H

Caffeine: helps, hurts or makes no difference?

I wrote up a small analysis and my thoughts on caffeine here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/comments/4hsxl5/habitual_caffeine_usage_an_analysis/ It's a tough one for sure. There was a study that showed that a single dose of 200mg caffeine taken in the morning still negatively affected...
  26. H

Needed: your best mood enhancers supps and strategies

Sorry for the late response. The only trustworthy place to get it at the moment (outside of Neuralstem trials) is a member on the Longecity boards 'Strangelove'. He's been providing it for a couple years now with good CoA's, lots of anecdotes in that thread.
  27. H

Extreme reaction to methylfolate

I'm the same as you, can't tolerate methylfolate no matter the dose. I respond very well to SAM-e though but it's so expensive. I'm only hetero for A1298C and hetero for MTR/MTRR so it's no big deal. Both my COMT's on genetic genie are hetero though. I'm thinking of just using one cap of Jarrow...