• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

Research on Families of Children with ME/CFS

Thank you so much Comet for such an amazing apology! I hope that you will believe me when I say that what you said before only stung for a moment. People with ME/CFS have suffered so much and yet have been misunderstood, abandoned, betrayed, blamed, and ridiculed by the very people they...
  2. A

Some of the worst research I've run across is by a small group of psychiatrists in the UK. They are the source of some of those outrageous quotes in my earlier post.
  3. A

Thank you, Hutan. My wife is much more of a forum person than I am--don't laugh, but this is my first one. (I'm not a total technophobe--I use my laptop everyday--but I am one of those guys who thinks the coolest feature on his smart phone is the flashlight.) My son is already a PR member but...
  4. A

Previous research HAS found that parents of children with ME/CFS and the children themselves show more psychological "symptoms" than families of children with other chronic diseases. Some take this to mean that ME/CFS is all or partly a psychiatric disorder. Let me make my position on that...
  5. A

Your concerns are exactly why I am doing this study. Let me list a few quotes here from previous "research" on children with ME/CFS: “Childhood sexual abuse is a well-documented risk factor for CFS.” The fact that mothers of sicker children are more anxious and protective than mothers of...
  6. A

INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE IN RESEARCH If you are the parent of a child or teenager with ME/CFS, you are invited to participate in a study of the effects of children’s illness on the family. I am a psychology professor at Stetson University and I have a very personal reason for doing this...