• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

So Many Food Intolerances

Hi All, I have so many food intolerances & problems with food. After eating, I often fall asleep. I’m not sure if this is reactive hypoglycaemia or that my body just doesn’t have the spare energy to digest the food so it sends me to sleep. But if I don’t eat enough carbs, I think my blood...
  2. L

Wake up feeling awful

Hi All, I have no problem falling asleep. I sleep at night, then wake feeling so awful for a couple of hours while my body tries to wake up. Eating also sends me to sleep so after lunch, I fall asleep again which means another couple of hours feeling awful as my body tries to wake up again...
  3. L

Manganese Superoxide Dismutase - Antioxidant - Mitochondria

Thanks for your kind reply snowdrop :0) Yes, it's probably a bit naive of me to think that a mineral deficiency could be causing my ME. The thought of going through GET again, sent me into a panic. I will have to assert myself and say no.
  4. L

Manganese Superoxide Dismutase - Antioxidant - Mitochondria

Hi Everyone If I have understood correctly, Manganese Superoxide Dismutase is an antioxidant & is essential for mitochondria to function properly. Despite my best efforts my Manganese (mineral) levels are always deficient & get lower every time my blood is tested. So I suspect that my body...
  5. L

Mineral Deficiences

Thank you so much for the advice. :)
  6. L

Mineral Deficiences

Hi All, I'd be really grateful if any one could help please? My Magnesium & Manganese (red cell) levels are always low. My symptoms improve when I'm consuming Manganese rich foods & having lots of Epsom salts baths. But my blood levels don't improve. I was told (by General medicine) that...