• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. P

Undermethylation, quit folate? take SAMe? anything else?

Hello again everybody, I've posted a lot over the past year, and I'd be immensely grateful if, once again, people could be kind enough to share their wisdom. Quick background, I don't have ME, I have Aspergers Syndrome and a history of depression, OCD, anxiety and anger. I was born Vegan and...
  2. P

Has anyone cured lifelong anxiety depression and ocd

Hi @realturbo, thanks so much for that link, the guy seems to have made an amazing turnaround! and it seems to correlate with much of my experience. I'd like to try glycine but I've seen the price - up to £20 for a kilo, which, according to the doses in the article, would last me about a month...
  3. P

also for anyone's interested in @stetson28 's anti-parasite approach, I did a (sorry to say, successful) anti-parasite cleanse a year or so ago using this papaya seed recipe: http://superfoodprofiles.com/papaya-seeds-parasites
  4. P

Hi there everybody, I posted a bit in the summer (above on page 4 and maybe 3 of this thread) and went away while I did lots of experimentation. I've now been taking around 2500mcg Mb12 most days for 2/3 months, 5-htp 50mg for maybe 3 weeks now, 750mg of Gaba for a few weeks, Taurine for the...
  5. P

Methylation and neurotransmitters

Hi @Billx123 I'm about 6 weeks into my 2nd attempt at methylation, the first time I ended up in hospital with heart palpitations etc. I had taken Mb12 5000mcg every day plus folate etc and went massively into overmethylation. I'm now starting off low and slow as everyone recommends lol...
  6. P

Methylation and neurotransmitters

Hi @ahmo may I ask what form of lithium you took? Was it Orotate? Any recommendations on brand and dosage? For the past month I've been taking Trace Minerals Liquid drops which give about 1.5mg of Lithium a day along with other trace minerals. I was hoping it might stabilise my moods and reduce...
  7. P

A month into Mb12... what next?

Hi there everybody, I hope you're all doing well today! I'll try to keep this one shorter than my last million questions... I've been taking Mb12 for around a month now and coping very well thank God! I got up to 2500mcg a day this week! Yay! (chugging the Lo-salt...). After getting up to...
  8. P

Potassium Amounts Queries/MB12 for mood

Thank you so much guys :) I'm afraid I have another doubt lol. One of the symptoms I've been getting for months now is pain my joints. Originally with the potassium it was cramping in my muscles, and for a long time I've confused the pain with that, but I am really convinced now it is in my...
  9. P

Potassium Amounts Queries/MB12 for mood

Hi there everybody, I hope you're all well today. Sorry, I promise I have been searching in the forums for answers to my query first but there's a lot of posts about potassium. As usual I would be grateful for some perspectives. So I've been titrating Mb12 for maybe 3 weeks now. I have...
  10. P

B-12 Pills, B-12 shots or Anti-Depressants?

Thank you @Johnmac , I had not really heard of pyroluria before. Thank you for the advice! All the best.
  11. P

Hi @Jimbo39, thanks for the tip. I hope your methylation stuff is going well! I don't know what saturated fats are :/ I eat 2 tbs of flaxseed oil every day, 2 tbs of hemp seeds, 2 brazil nuts and a handful of sunflower seeds, plus cooking with olive oils, so I know there's some type of fat! :) I...
  12. P

Comment by 'pumpkin' in 'My COMT++ daughter: Vitamin D and her OCD'

I am so happy for your daughter, and for you and her dad, That is really amazing. I was jut wondering, does she have OCD alone or co-morbid with something like Aspergers? All the best to you all.
  13. P

A week and a half after starting B12.... feel terrible!

@Jimbo39 ... stupidly long delayed response but you asked once in this thread why some people might not be absorbing the potassium from food... I'm sure other people on here are immensely more clued up on the subject but while confronted with various horrible reactions in the beginning of...
  14. P

@Johnmac I'm really happy your friend got better with Zinc, that's so great for them :) May I ask how much they were taking? I don't supplement with it because I think i meet the RDA from food and I read you can get anemia of you oversupplement with it? Sleep well everyone!
  15. P

Thanks so much once again guys, it'm definately interested in the oils. Even at 0.6Mg I've been having the chest pains again. I don't know if it would be triggering Tachyacardia again because of the Beta-Blockers I'm on now. I definately think its either a Calcium/Magnesium deficiency along with...
  16. P

General suggestions for stress-triggered fatigue?

The ADOS test for me took 2-3 hours. It began with various exercises from the ADOS set, but dont research them lol, it's bet to go in and just be yourself. The psych didn't even talk with me throughout that part, in order to objectively observe my behaviour. Then there was an interview with...
  17. P

Ps Tony Attwood was the person who helped me realise I had it- a lot of his talks are on youtube. And diagnosis can be done using the ADOS testing, you can also do an AQ test online for free, it was developed by Simon baren Cohen, also one of the most renowned authors on the topic.
  18. P

Hey again @bigmillz , Glad i was in some way helpful :) What can I say, yes, gettin diagnosed has been massively helpful for me, because I understand myself better and what I need now and i am now able to access a massive amount of info from people who deal with these specific challenges, and...
  19. P

What are your PEM/Crash triggers? - Poll

Hey guys, just to pick up on this- I was diagnosed a few months ago with aspergers and not a single person in my life ever suggested it to me, in fact most people outright dismissed the idea because I'm so sociable. You can have Aspergers and be sociable and extrovert, it's more that it will...
  20. P

hey @bigmillz , I'm afraid I have no solutions as yet, just to say that i can relate to so much of wht you wrote, especially the part about downing redbulls at collge- I've been almost literally living off espresso for years. I jut wanted to say that I was diagnosed with Aspergers...
  21. P

Hi @Johnmac, @caledonia @Kathevans @purssian @Mary @cman89 and @CCC, thank you so much for your extremely helpful replies, I can't say how much it means. I'm sorry it has taken so long to reply, I've been away from home and for some reason couldn't get online on my laptop. You have all persuaded...
  22. P

Hi there guys, I was posting a lot about 6 weeks ago and got a lot of help from @Mary and @caledonia. After apparently going into overmethylation, I followed Caledonia's advice and stopped taking all the B vitamins, and took Nicotinic Acid a few times a few times a day, maybe for a week. That...
  23. P

Don't worry @Jimbo39 ! To be honest it's kind of helpful hearing your experiences as well, I too have been waking up at night/not falling asleep with a pounding heart and it's terrifying so it reassured me greatly to hear I'm not the onyl one and that you're ok :) @Mary and @caledonia I'm sorry...
  24. P

Active B12 Protocol Basics

Hi there everybody, Hopefully quick question... So me, my dad and my little, utterly cannabis-addicted sister want to start supplementing with B vitamins. Me and my sister have been Vegan all our lives, she suffered from pernicious aneamia in the past, I've had symptoms of B-12 deficiency and...
  25. P

Hi again @Mary, thanks for that tagging tip, I had no idea how to do it :) and thank you so much for the refeeding document. Basically aside from being Vegan since I was born after finding out i have Autism Spectrum Disorder I cut out loads of foods... anything with gluten or high oxylates...
  26. P

Thank you once again Mary, I've had yet another triple banana smoothie and feel somewhat better, back pain has actually gone finally! I'm a little confused though as to how supplementing with 200mg would help more than food sources when a single banana has about 500mg or something, Caledonia...
  27. P

Thank you Caledonia! I will download and read your document, Is it the possible non-absorbtion of potassium causing the pain, then? Is there anything I can do to make the pain go away, short of taking less tomorrow? Thanks and all the best.
  28. P

HI there everybody, So now on approximately my sixth post on this site asking for advice, so once again, thank you to anyone with the patience to respond. Basically, I started taking vitamin B12 - Jarrow, 5000mcg last week, but I just feel really bad. I've had intense back pain for maybe a...
  29. P

Urgent Advice Request - Low Potassium Levels?

Thanks for the advice Valentijn :) and love your signature quote!
  30. P

Urgent Advice Request - Low Potassium Levels?

Thank you so much everyone, I can't tell you how much I appreciate your advice, I was really worried.The all night pharmacy refused to sell me potassium and the hospital couldn't tell me if I'd be there all night so I just came home and went to bed, only to wake up at 4am with the impression my...