• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Mr.Catts

New doctor wants to treat empirically for Lyme, good idea?

https://m.medicalxpress.com/news/2019-04-three-antibiotic-cocktail-persister-lyme-bacteria.html the scientists isolated slow-growth forms of the Lyme bacterium, Borrelia burgdorferi. They found that, compared to normal fast-growth forms, the slow-growing forms caused more severe arthritis-like...
  2. Mr.Catts

Drinking baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) may treat autoimmune disease

Sure, they displace histamine, but it needs (a lot of) time for excretion in case of DAO or HNMT deficiency
  3. Mr.Catts

Drinking baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) may treat autoimmune disease

This is clearly MCAS, read Robert Afrin's, Molderings articles on mast cell activation(search on pubmed.com). Mast cell activation disease: a concise practical guide for diagnostic workup and therapeutic options
  4. Mr.Catts

Riboflavine/b2 and histamine

Confirmed OAT. I am deficient on B2 as the topic starter. Riboflavin and Riboflavin 5 Phosphate works well, no adverse effects.
  5. Mr.Catts

Riboflavine/b2 and histamine

I think intravenous B1: Tiamine, any form of benfotiamine are degranulators.
  6. Mr.Catts

Need Help: Severe Reaction to Sam-e (Went to the ER) - SAMe

LampLihts, how are you now? What halpened lately?
  7. Mr.Catts

Should I take vitamin D?

Information older then ten years is not complete. Any information from non scientific sources can be anything including the own thoughts of some crazy person...
  8. Mr.Catts

Should I take vitamin D?

No, long term uv impares your immune system. If you are caucasian or asian. If you do not live somewhere in Australia - better to avoid Be rational. If you need vitamin D, just keep it in check with supplements https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16452825
  9. Mr.Catts

Should I take vitamin D?

How about rectal route? There is liquid d3
  10. Mr.Catts

What's the significance of ammonia in treating CBS/BHMT?

Ok, if sulfur, ammonia and nitrogen are tested high?
  11. Mr.Catts

What's the significance of ammonia in treating CBS/BHMT?

Valentijn, what is your opinion, does ammonia and sulphur need treatment? Is it a problem?
  12. Mr.Catts

THE STAGES OF METHYLATION AND HEALING

I have mtrr a66g+-, my folate is 25-35% in range. B6 is over range. Definitely low b2, but it was in range on test. Need of choline. High ammonia and sulphates. CBS. VDR taq ++ I have a lot of symptoms Fredd described, but i think my problem may be somewhere else. Where should i start? My mind...
  13. Mr.Catts

THE STAGES OF METHYLATION AND HEALING

I want to understand. After starting protocol i did not feel any brightening. Upped to 1.6folate/day, 5mg/mb12, 4mg/ado, 750mg/lcf. Checked my blood for potassium/sodium, it is almost upper range. I wake up thirsty with massive headache. Betaine and choline helped for the first time. I was in...
  14. Mr.Catts

GCMAF factory closed down in the UK

Transitory brightenings have nothing to gcmaf. I did not ever take it, but have hoghs and lows all the time. Sure i can attribute highs to good coffee i had that morning. Btw coffee is great intinflammatory, liver cleanser, etc and it does not cost that much.
  15. Mr.Catts

Generic Valcyte: start or not?

I want to point the mistake. You say that Valcyte is chemotherapy. Yep as any atibiotic. This word is used in Cancer movies. Actually chemoterapy is any drug that affect any (our or foreigh) cell development cycle. And yes, Valcyte affect our own cell development. As any other drug of this...
  16. Mr.Catts

Artesunate for HHV-6, anyone?

Valtrex works good, no side effects. But viruss gets resistant fast. My best bet is Valgancyclovir if you can afford this. It toxic, halts dna production. Most of recovery stories are based on valgan. I doubt that artesunate alone can kill hhv6. It clears hhv6 in blood in a week, but hhv6...
  17. Mr.Catts

Artesunate for HHV-6, anyone?

Hi koenig79, contact me, i am from Ukraine too. To all. You should take artesunate with some butter or ghee, because it is not bioavailable without fats. I did mistake first and take it early in the morning before food. Had little effect. My wife took it after foood, because she had liver...