• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. H

Trying to wrangle my Foreman grill

The secret is to add a raw egg to the ground beef and mix it together by hand. I also add a handful of dried,natural breadcrumbs, available in a box from supermarkets (UK). Then I add chopped onion, chopped peppers, salt and pepper and mix them all together by hand. I coat the plates on the...
  2. H

My story please can anyone help

Hi Lisa, The charity Thyroid UK can be very helpful with thyroid problems. http://www.thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/index.html
  3. H

the way im being treated

Hi garcia, the address is at the bottom of the opening page.
  4. H

the way im being treated

Maybe the Breakspear Hosptal UK? www.breakspearmedical.com
  5. H

uk forums

Hi ruben, you could try Foggy Friends.
  6. H

Will the indifference of the UK authorities to ME claim one more life?

Maybe Gillian could find legal representation on a Pro Bono (free) basis?
  7. H

Help with my 14 year old's leaky gut please

Hi , if you decide to try cutting out gluten (found in wheat products) try Genius Bread (gluten free) on sale at Tesco and Sainsburys. The unsliced is best because the sliced dries out. Its delicious, especially toasted!
  8. H

XMRV and Dr Byron Hyde

Dr Hyde doesnt seem to think xmrv can lie dormant in the body untill it is triggered by a stressor.
  9. H

WPI UK XMRV testing/study

jace, if its 96% ill eat my hat with strawberry sauce on top! :Retro smile:
  10. H

Daily Worldwide Prayer for ME/CFS/FM - Please Join

Hi, does anyone know what time this would be in the UK? How heartwarming for people to unite in prayer.
  11. H

You aren't going to believe this...Mycoplasma/Lo/XMRV

Does this mean if ME/CFS patients take Doxycycline for six months or more they may recover?
  12. H

Prayer request for Mikovits et al.

Amen........
  13. H

What if we could ask an online supplement store to donate 5% to us?

This could be a great way to raise funds for WPI. I shop at Prohealth and Vitamin UK
  14. H

XMRV and Culturing, HERV's and more

I thought the WPIs work was replicated by the NCI and Cleveland Clinic.
  15. H

Drop the Dead Donkey jibes - they are getting my GOAT

My money is on the donkey too and i think its a good investment.
  16. H

Free Mikovits web talk from Cheney Clinic/Wednesday Feb. 10th! 1:00 EST

Did she say XMRV is more likely to be in sperm than HIV? and also that someone XMRV-ve may have an as yet undiscovered variant of XMRV?
  17. H

XMRV Testing-FYI

Hi Garcia Ive heard the Breakspeare Hospital may be offering an xmrv test in the future.
  18. H

Non-XMRV subgroups and mercury?

Hi all Maybe we should ask the WPI not to give up on any of us even if some people have to wait for research and treatment.