• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. CJB

Is neural/limbic retraining (DNRS) a treatment for ME/CFS or not?

I started Dan's program in June. Within a couple of weeks I was able to meditate sitting up, and take showers nearly every morning (always avoided that previously because I would be wiped out all day). Instead of causing a flair, light exercise makes me feel sleepy now. I get sore muscles...
  2. CJB

Nancy Klimas Gulf War Syndrome results

I remember her saying awhile back that she was able to get Dept of Defense funding for her GWI studies. She applies what she learns to us. I hope we can be generous with her. She's one of the "good guys".
  3. CJB

Heart Rate Monitoring and Pots / Dysautonomia questions

Thanks for this link. Interesting that it recommends lower carbohydrates.
  4. CJB

Orthostatic intolerance and low heart rate

This is so interesting. I've been wearing a Fitbit since December and when I started keto diet in July, I started to get anxious when my RHR started to climb. But I'm also feeling a lot better, especially the nasty vertigo symptoms. I wondered if the two were related.
  5. CJB

First time in remission with ketogenic diet

@Cath I haven't had a gallbladder for over 30 years and I'm doing well on keto. I was concerned but desperate for some improvement. Might be a good reason to ease into it though. Good luck.
  6. CJB

First time in remission with ketogenic diet

Key for me has been hydration and electrolytes. Vertigo was a big problem at first but the thing that ended up helping the most was figuring out how to stay hydrated. I've been low carb for a long time but just got serious about keto about 6 weeks ago. Most dramatic has been being in the...
  7. CJB

Bedside Chats with Ben: Ron Davis

Thanks so much to the team.
  8. CJB

Hybrid concierge medical practice that takes Medicare

I was under the impression that they have to accept Medicare reimbursement as payment in full. I would jump on something like this. Good luck.
  9. CJB

OMF progress

We need a moon shot and IMHO, OMF is in the best position to get us there. :rocket:
  10. CJB

Gabapentin taper

Sorry I don't remember, but it would have been a low dose if that helps. Once a day at night.
  11. CJB

Gabapentin taper

I took Gabapentin for a year for sleep and finally correlated it with morning pain in my legs. I didn't taper and had no withdrawal problems. Everyone is different and the cautious route would be to taper slowly and see how it goes. Good luck.
  12. CJB

Lack of chatter about the Ketogenic Diet

Thanks for mentioning this. Reading over some of the experiences here makes me think folks would have had better luck if they had increased sodium intake.
  13. CJB

Creepy posts by James Coyne to Jeanette Burmeister

@adreno You might find this article, written by Michael Godwin himself, interesting. The inventor of "Godwin's Law" about Hitler comparisons on the Internet says they're not always inappropriate.
  14. CJB

Looking for POTS meds without POTS diagnosis

Dr. Bateman is now using a test developed by NASA that does not require a tilt table, just a blood pressure cuff and heart rate monitor. It can be done in your doctor's office. Here's a link to the video explaining it. The information specific to POTS starts @ about 35:00
  15. CJB

Looking for low-dose b complex...

Try looking at formulations for children.
  16. CJB

URGENT: Dierdre Needs A Miracle

I'm encouraged. Their total is growing. I hope everyone will at least send them a note of encouragement.
  17. CJB

Comment by 'CJB' in 'Cause I believe there is a place where we belong'

Thanks. Great song.
  18. CJB

LDN and Wellbutrin for Weight Loss.

Have you considered polycystic ovary syndrome?
  19. CJB

US secretly declares Julian Assagne/Wikileaks "enemies of the state"

I seriously doubt that anyone we've ever heard of is in charge at the Pentagon. They are their own country and seemingly above normal auditing the rest of the government has to submit to. It's way out of control. I just hate the tabloid society we've given birth to where 15 minutes of fame...
  20. CJB

Political thread archives

"exists to be inflammatory"? I object.
  21. CJB

And the "fairwell" message I have all kinds of problems with. This thread has been closed indefinitely by the moderation team for a review of recent posts. The future of political threads on the forum depends in part on civil discussion and respectful debate between the parties that choose to...
  22. CJB

I don't know how much of the political thread will survive, but there were a couple of comments toward the end that will probably be deleted that I wanted to preserve. Thanks Whit and jeffrez Reporting to the moderator: the last refuge of someone who doesn't want to face and has no answer to...
  23. CJB

US secretly declares Julian Assagne/Wikileaks "enemies of the state"

S, I am very interested in this topic, but I'm barfin' sick right now and it's hard to read. I can't remember exactly what the first leaks were about and who the target was. I think this retaliation is Pentagon gone mad stuff.
  24. CJB

Welcome all liberals and radical independents wME!

Hi, Merry and Whit!! So good to see everyone.
  25. CJB

Upcoming presidential debates--schedule

I hope we can have a debate-watching party. I know there are a lot of them scheduled and I always feel so left out. Great idea, Dreambirdie.:thumbsup:
  26. CJB

Keeping up with a quiet group: how to subscribe

Okay - I was notified about this one. Hi, again!!
  27. CJB

In Memory of Rich Van Konynenburg.

I lost my beloved husband 2 years ago in the same way, Diana. I feel so deeply for you now. Please take care and know your husband was hugely admired and respected and this is a huge loss for us as well.:hug:
  28. CJB

Keeping up with a quiet group: how to subscribe

Does this still work? I don't seem to get e-mail notifications for group messages. Does anyone else?