• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Bedshaped

Low omega-3 index and polyunsaturated fatty acid status in patients with CFS/ME

What benefits do you experience from taking omega-3? I think that I have been eating quality brands in the past. Because I am sensitive to most stuff (medicine, food +++) and get all sorts of weird reactions and side-effects I've made sure I buy the best I get.... Really frustrating:(
  2. Bedshaped

Low omega-3 index and polyunsaturated fatty acid status in patients with CFS/ME

Whenever I have tried Omega 3 supplements (Cod Liver oil, capsules) I get reflux and stomach issues at first, and then after a few days I get brainfog and, most prominent, a depressed feeling. I just don't feel good on it. Does anybody else have it like this or have an explaination what's happening?
  3. Bedshaped

FODMAP!!!

FODMAP did not do much for me, maybe because I’ve already excluded a lot of different things years before being aware of the concept.
  4. Bedshaped

Rituximab Phase III - Negative result

Absolutely terrible news, this. I clung to the hope of a cure, so this really sucks. What now? Just give up? Or is there anyone out there getting somewhere?:(
  5. Bedshaped

Have you always had sinus problems with infections all throughout your ME?

I'll just chip in here and recommend this: https://www.drugs.com/ingredient/fluticasone.html In my country it is called Flutide nasal drop. I use the nasal drop not the spray. After 1 week my smell and taste came back and I was almost like a K9 dog. Now, I'm not a doctor so please check with...
  6. Bedshaped

Do your ME symptoms improve when you exclude wheat/gluten?

Gluten free on my third year now. It makes a huge difference on my stomach/acid/headache and cognitive function. Also I stay away from anything with onions and garlic, those make me really sick. Also pepper and some salad leaves makes me worse. Takes 48-72 hrs to recover after eating onions...
  7. Bedshaped

Bad reactions to onions and garlic?

@ahmo thank you for your reply. I read the threads you link to, but I do not understand a single word of what they are discussing. Would you be so kind and explain (in layman's word) what this is? Thanks! @ryan31337 thank you for your reply. I googled headache, stomach pain, pressure behind...
  8. Bedshaped

Bad reactions to onions and garlic?

Hello :) Anyone else here having bad reactions to onions and garlic? Whenever I eat that, no matter how it is prepared I get headache, pressure behind my eyes, brainfog and stomach pain. Even food containing onions and/or garlic gives me these reactions. Started post ME, to my knowledge anyway...
  9. Bedshaped

Cognitive symptoms worrying me.

@Lyme_Paramedic Hello, I have been on a 100% gluten free diet for about two years. Like it has been said in this thread, I too, had a little "mare" the first two/three weeks. I think it has something to do with the gliadine leaving your body? Anyway, for me the cognitive symptoms did get...
  10. Bedshaped

Experiences with Lyrica

Hello, thank you both for taking your time to answer my post. My GP wants me to take Cipramil (Citalopram) 10 mg, and Valium 2,5 mg instead of Lyrica. I do feel depressed and have a lot of anxiety. My GP thinks my condition can improve if I can decrease my stress level and busy mind. So here I...
  11. Bedshaped

Experiences with Lyrica

Hello everyone, I'm a new member on this forum. I have been using the 'search'-function for some time now, reading up on peoples various reactions/senitivity to drugs. Over the past two years (roughly) both my GP and different specailists have suggested Lyrica to me. My problem is that I have...