• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

Does anyone know of a good medicine for gastritis?

Hi, I find that the Zinc l-carnosine works really well.. This brand is the best for me http://www.iherb.com/Source-Naturals-GastricSoothe-37-5-mg-120-Capsules/22885#p=1&oos=1&disc=0&lc=en-US&w=gastricsoothe&rc=2&sr=null&ic=2
  2. A

enzymatic therapy ultimate iron

Thank you very much for the suggestion Sara. I will give it a try, I was just searching for an Iron supplement better than the one I'm taking now.
  3. A

Brand of magnesium oil?

Hi, I use Magnesium Oil from "BeterYou". I mix it with a bit of body cream before I apply it otherwise I find that my skin gets a bit sticky. I'm very happy with this brand. They have several variations of Magnesium oil I use the "original spray".
  4. A

ImmunoPro

Oh Rich you are always SO generous with your knowledge!! You are always willing to share you knowledge with everybody, you take the time to do so and ask nothing else in return! Many thanks for this.
  5. A

Dr. Deckoff-Jones posts about the recent papers

After reading this it is more clear to me what are the goals of the war against XMRV !!
  6. A

HAVE YOU NO SENSE OF DECENCY? at CFS Central

Thank you Mindy for all you do for us!
  7. A

GcMAF for XMRV--Gc protein-derived macrophage activating factor--anyone taking it?

Ikke, Thank you so much for all this information and taking the time and energy to write it all down! Let's hope KDM is right and that there will soon be big good news about XMRV..
  8. A

GcMAF for XMRV--Gc protein-derived macrophage activating factor--anyone taking it?

Hi filfla4, Thanks a lot for the information about the diet prescribed. I've seen several times mentioned from other patients " food low in histamines" what type of food is that? I've found funny when you say "Believe it or not fries are ok, occasionally!" it's Belgium after all! Belgians...
  9. A

Alex why are you so bitter? why do you want to "prove" that others are making the wrong choices? We are all trying our best to improve our health, we all need to make choices and maybe use experimental therapies if that's what seems better at a certain moment . You are making your own choices so...
  10. A

Hi Nina, I'm sorry to hear of your bad reactions to the GcMAF. I'm not taking it so I can't help much but don't forget that not all GcMAF are the same. Which one did you try, KDM's? if you would try again maybe it would be better to try a GcMAF from another lab and see if you tolerate it better.
  11. A

Hi, I have contacted the BGLI about the rumours of the quality of their Gc MAF. I've asked if they have some certification of quality and how can we have more information about it. Here is the reply I received. I've asked permission to post it here: "Please ask people to get their physicians...
  12. A

Thank you so much Sushi, Sergio, Vli and Filfla!! It's great that you could start taking GcMAF. We can all imagine how difficult and exhausting must be for you all. You are really courageous people! We will be anxious to know how you will be reacting. I hope you can rest now and soon get to the...
  13. A

Hi Rivka, I speak Dutch so I'm able to follow the Dutch/Belgium forum. What I read there is that KDM doesn't prescribe the same to everybody. Some people get only Gc MAF others Gc MAF plus nexavir and others Gc MAF plus artesunate (maybe these are the patients who already got Nexavir previously...
  14. A

hi Froufox, Just to say that I get increased depression, lots of headaches and lethargy when I use Benadryl. And I know well because I need to use it very often and the effects are strong and very clear to me.
  15. A

Rivka, If I understood well cansado his a KDM patient.
  16. A

Hi Cansado, Thank you very much for sharing your experience. What you say is very interesting... if you are XMRV negative after taking Gc MAF and are not feeling better it can be that you don't have XMRV any more but the body is still suffering from the destructive effects of XMRV. The same...
  17. A

Co-cure Post on Antiretrovirals and XMRV was moved

Cort I find great that you are careful and respect the choices of the researchers involved.
  18. A

XMRV testing in Germany

What I understood from the Dutch forum is that you need to give a name of a doctor but it doesn't need to go via the doctor. You can just give the name of your GP. You can also ask to get the results directly, I know some people have done this.
  19. A

question for richvank - methylation + adrenal support

Hi Rich, Thank you very much for the explanation of possible relation between XMRV and the methylation cycle block.
  20. A

Hi GG, I don't know if it's the same list that Sushi gave you but you can also find research articles here http://www.gcmaf.nl/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=6&Itemid=2
  21. A

Hi Fullofbeans, I'm also curious to know if the information you wrote about BGLI is based on reliable sources.. I was planning to contact them (BGLI) to try to find out if there is a doctor in the Netherlands that uses Gc-MAF.
  22. A

Hi Nabo, Thank you for posting here. It will be very interesting to know how you will react to the gc maf injections!
  23. A

"I don't know the Israeli site. Dr. Cheney is getting it from BGLI in the Netherlands: http://www.bgli.nl/ There is some question though as to whether it will get through US customs if it is not shipped to a doctor's office." Is this really true?? It's amazing..there are a lot of patients from...
  24. A

VIP Dx/WPI Serology (Antibody) Test Results

Hi Alicez, I've read in the Dutch forum sometime ago a KDM patient who reported that she was negative in both XMRV tests. KDM decided to use a biopsy from the stomach to test for XMRV and it was positive!
  25. A

Hi Overstressed, I'm sorry that your genotype test results were not more positive, I can imagine you feel disappointed. Do I remember well that even if you are not cured you improved with GcMaf injections?
  26. A

I was also pleasantly surprised with that statement, I hope he is right and that we will start to see people improving who are taking it.
  27. A

XMRV/MRV Calendar

This is a very good idea Eric, thank you!
  28. A

Testing: VIPDX XMRV Culture/PCR Negative - Serology Positive?

Hi Elizabeth, I'm sorry you are disappointed with the test results but as you can read in this discussion one result from one of the tests doesn't mean much. Also I was reading yesterday in a Dutch forum and a patient from KDM who was negative on both tests was tested by a biopsy from the...
  29. A

This is great news overstressed! may your improvements continue stronger and stronger!! Please let us know how it goes with you in the future, we are all anxious to know! I don't know if you can tell us who is your doctor ...
  30. A

XMRV + by culture and negative by serology

Hi Sergio, Thanks for sharing your results. Lately I've heard of several people having the same result as you..interesting!