• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. P

Whey Protein Isolate - Reaction?

Interesting. Thanks for the feedback and links. Even doing one serving of the Absorb Plus seems to induce bloating whereas no-protein elemental formulas do not. My body has calmed down significantly this week, as I'm back on the anti-histamines and mast cell stabilizers as well. I want to try...
  2. P

Whey Protein Isolate - Reaction?

Hey all, The question: Does whey protein cause a reaction for anyone with mast cell issues or histamine intolerance? I was diagnosed with MCAS a couple years ago, but the doctor was not helpful in teaching me how to understand my symptoms. I seem to react to almost all foods, so I kept...
  3. P

Reaction to Elemental Formulas - Absorb Plus / Alpha PMX

I really appreciate the feedback so far. In the past, I haven't received a lot of in depth responses, so it's very helpful for me as I think about my problems. My diet right now is extremely limited, and essentially follows most restricted guidelines. The only thing I can't eliminate is rice...
  4. P

Hmm, interesting. There's no colorings or preservatives. That said, my body has been in a state of reaction for months now, and I can't seem to calm it down. That's why I wanted to try the elemental formulas. Perhaps anything will put it over the edge, including extra vitamins. I actually was...
  5. P

I guess the question is, what in the formulas could trigger MCAS symptoms? For example, in Alpha PMX the only ingredients that are not a mineral, vitamin, or amino acid are: maltodextrin, microcellulose, glucose, and fructose. I only drank one serving a day of this while testing. I suspect...
  6. P

Hello all, My question is: is there anything in the ingredients list of Absorb Plus or Alpha PMX that would cause a reaction? Background: I have been suffering from health problems for most of my life. For the past four years, I put myself on different types of restricted diets to try and...