• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. goodr189

Looking for some education around my mutations

Can you provide some steps you have taken to address the CBS mutation?
  2. goodr189

Should I be worried about my CTH mutation?

rs1021737(T;T) The above CTH mutation states I have "significantly higher plasma total homocysteine concentration". I also have some hetero MTHFR mutations. My lab results a few weeks ago put my homocysteine plasma levels at 12.2 with the range of the lab being 0.0-15.0 umol/L. Is 12.2 too...
  3. goodr189

Thanks for the in-depth responses Valentijn. It's good to get some valuable feedback around what seems to be a lot of misinformation.
  4. goodr189

Curious to see why you say that. When looking into CBS C699T +/+ I noticed that sulfur foods cause a lot of symptoms. Dr Amy Yasko has also indicated that this mutation causes problems with high sulfur and ammonia in the body. I am asthmatic and also allergic to sulfa drugs so I'm not sure if...
  5. goodr189

I got the following homozygous mutations: VDR Taq MAO-A R297R CBS C699T and the following heterozygous MTHFR mutations: MTHFR C677T MTHFR A1298C Can anybody lend me their brain in how to handle this cluster f***? Due to the bad combo hetero MTHFR I should have high homocysteine but since...