• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Could my Methyl B vitamins have caused my symptoms?

Upper spine and neck pain sound very much like calcium deficiency. Paleo diet making things worse is going to contribute to that. All the people trying to sell magnesium have really demonised calcium but it's absolutely vital - my deficiency came along with the most severe depression. Eating...
  2. S

Getting magnesium into cells

So sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I stumbled across your post history and I'm hoping a thread response might email you. I got into a bad situation through overtraining/undereating that was greatly improved through very high caloric intake. You're one of the few people I've found that...
  3. S

Possible reaction to Magnesium Citrate - Adrenal crash? - Severe Anxiety for months

All I can say is keep forcing yourself and your appetite will come back. I wasn't able to listen to my body for a little while but if you've been eating <2000 calories for a long time I'd really suggest having a look at youreatopia or any other resource that talks about refeeding. I know the...
  4. S

Extremly bad reaction to b12, please help!

Sorry to resurrect the thread but I came across this one googling - your symptoms overlap mine in quite a strong way. I thought my issues were caused my magnesium deficiency also, but it wasn't the case. There are lots of compelling websites that link to or sell magnesium products. That said...
  5. S

Possible reaction to Magnesium Citrate - Adrenal crash? - Severe Anxiety for months

I just wanted to update this post a few months down the line. This forum was the only place I could find others describing the anxiety I was feeling (unimaginable - it's a physical feeling of awfulness beyond comprehension). I know I updated already but it's so easy to just carry on and forget...
  6. S

I just wanted to update in case anyone comes across something similar. I have had some success in the last week or so. I suppose the changes are absolutely huge. I inadvertently had been under eating by eating "clean" throughout my year of heavy lifting, also when stopping lifting. The...
  7. S

Thank you both again. I'll update here in a while as I've seen a few other people with a similar reaction. I'm just focusing on gaining weight and getting enough calories back in so we'll see how that goes.
  8. S

Thank you both for your replies - I hugely, huuuugely appreciate it!! @Gondwanaland - perhaps the oxlate thing is something to look into. I should probably clarify that I was likely getting diarrhea from 400mg magnesium supplements in one go - I think this is quite a common side effect from my...
  9. S

Hello there First of all, I'm really sorry to post here as I don't think I have ME and probably not CFS (though I'm incredibly fatigued and really struggling recently). I found some informative threads in my search to recover from my current predicament on this website, and I'm asking for help...