• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Catjbro

Post about Fredds Protocol

Hi A while back I came across a post or a blog that outlined their understanding of Freddy's protocol and was very informative. I've searched but can't find it. Does anyone know where I can find it? Thanks
  2. Catjbro

Help with Interpreting Results

Hi, I can't get into see my Dr. for a bit and was hoping someone could tell me from my results, below, if I am an under/over methylator. Or anything else I should be aware of. I hope you can see the attached file. In case not, I will write the results from my Doctors Data Methylation Profile...
  3. Catjbro

Adrenal Glandular

Have you tried pregnenolone??? It is a hormone that is the precursor to everything else. It can convert to DHEA, cortisol, progesterone, etc -whatever is low. Might be worth a try but start low and work up slowly.
  4. Catjbro

Brain Stuck

I could not imagine having to live with that for 6 years - I really do feel for you. I've started to feel better lately after my new Dr. put me on some mitochondrial support supplements. Fingers crossed they continue to work. Have you been tested for Lyme??
  5. Catjbro

Adrenal Glandular

I've been trying a few different things that raise cortisol naturally. Ribes Nigrum seems to be helping a lot and I just purchased Rehmennia 6 which is also known to raise cortisol. You might want to try them.
  6. Catjbro

Adrenal Glandular

Do you mean 5 days total, or take for five days then take a few days break then start again??
  7. Catjbro

Adrenal Glandular

Can anyone suggest a good Adrenal Glandular. Something not too stimulating - I don't want Rhodiola or adaptogens - just the glandulars and maybe Vits c, pantethese, etc. Thanks.
  8. Catjbro

What do you eat when your craving sweets?

Well this might sound wierd but I make a bit of "milk cream". I take a can of coconut milk and drain the liquid part. I put the rest in the fridge to chill a bit. Then I put some in s dish with some berries or fruit, a bit of honey (if you can have honey) and pretend I'm having ice cream. At...
  9. Catjbro

Raising Low Blood Pressure

After reading that I'm pretty sure I have OI or NMH. I've been taking my blood pressure first laying then standing and it always drops at least 25 points. Thanks for that!!
  10. Catjbro

I was thinking maybe OI but I'm also wondering if it's due to my adrenal fatigue. Thanks for the info will definitely check it out!
  11. Catjbro

Brain Stuck

Lol I'm a recovering addict so no marijuana for me unfortunately! Cathy
  12. Catjbro

Brain Stuck

How do you cope with it - it stresses me out!
  13. Catjbro

I drink about 2 litres a day maybe I'll try more. I do sleep with head elevated. Yes, I have adrenal issues that I've been trying for years to address but to no avail. Thanks for the info.
  14. Catjbro

How To Explain CFS

Hi I don't know how to explain to roommates/others the level of my exhaustion. They think I'm depressed. They keep telling me I'll feel better if I go sit in the sun. I'm almost bedridden except for bathroom, grab food and they don't even come to check on me or ask me how I'm doing since...
  15. Catjbro

I am trying to find ways to raise my blood pressure. I put a 1/2 tsp salt in every 500 ml water I drink, and I'm taking a bit of liciruce root but not much as too stimulating. I tried panax ginseng but too stimulating. I still have low bp. I want to try pqq and Nadh but they both lower bp...
  16. Catjbro

Fasting helps stop inflammation

Which in turn helps the mitochondria. Even overnite fasting for 10 or 12 hours is helpful. I still can't go that long cause of hypoglycaemia
  17. Catjbro

Resting

I know exactly what u mean about relaxation & meditation techniques being exhausting! If I had the money I would but u a new bed!
  18. Catjbro

Stomach biopsy, anything specific ME/CFS Doctors looks for, that my Gastro Dr. could biopsy for?

That does not sound pleasant. Wishing you all the best with the procedure.
  19. Catjbro

Hard to Talk

Unfortunately I do get fearful easily - trying to work on that. It scares me tho that I'm so exhausted I can barely communicate with others.
  20. Catjbro

Hard to Talk

i think this may be more my adrenals - I'm not sure - but does anyone else get like there is an elephant standing on your chest and stomach and even the thought of having to talk is monumental. It's like I try to say something but this crushing weight on those areas is stopping me. It's so...
  21. Catjbro

PQQ

Hi Hip - Thanks for the link Cathy
  22. Catjbro

Resting

Thanks for your advice. What supplements do you take for anxiety?
  23. Catjbro

Resting

I have low cortisol across the board. The glandulars are too stimulating for me and I wanted to try pregnenoline but here in Canada u need a Rx and dr won't give me one. I have read Dr Wilsons book and used his supplements for a while. I'm going to try NADH as its supposed to increase...
  24. Catjbro

Exhaustion overwhelming

Wow I so appreciate that. I'll listen to one tonight. Cathy
  25. Catjbro

Brain Stuck

im in a bad crash. When I'm this bad my brain gets stuck - like it literally has no energy for anything and I feel I'll go mad cause it's just stuck on me. It's like I'm not thinking but I can't get outside my head. Not being physically able to do anything to take my mind off it I feel...
  26. Catjbro

PQQ

How much Nadh did you take and for how long?? Thanks
  27. Catjbro

What kind of Magnesium best

hi For muscle tension what kind of magnesium is best, and how much? Thanks
  28. Catjbro

PQQ

has anyone tried PQQ, or NADH?
  29. Catjbro

Exhaustion overwhelming

I would be interested to know how you built the spiritual scaffolding. I find being in the moment nothingness right now - maybe it's the exhaustion but I lay and try and listen or look about the room and there is just a nothingness - it's hard to explain.
  30. Catjbro

Fatigue torture- how do you deal with it?

I'm sorry you feel so bad. I'm in the same boat. I prayed for death too but woke up.