• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

Completely eliminated my severe anxiety symptoms with three supplements!

I found flaxseed oil to cause me insomnia when taken too late in the day. I solved this simply taking it first thing in the morning so you might want to try that, it may take 2 or 3 days to get used to that though. I didnt have any issue with 750mg of NAG (Swanson brand). About to try low dose...
  2. A

Cortene Peptide for MECFS? "Curative"?!

thanks for the suggestions, totally on that already. I find methyfolate has helped along with eating tryptophan rich foods such as pumpkin seeds.
  3. A

Sure, will do. A new thread is a good idea as I was searching for people's experiences with vortioexetine. There isnt much around really, I think it's because it's a relatively new med. I'm also trying it to see if it helps with my CFS/ME symptoms and just calm everything down. I get a cold at...
  4. A

hi, on page 4 of this thread, Vortioxetine is mentioned (brand name Trintellix in the US, and Brintellix here in the UK) - a med by Lundeck of Denmark. I have just started this medication and can feedback if anyone is interested ? It's pharmacodynamics state that receptor 5-HT1A is agonised...
  5. A

DIY Genetic testing for depression/anxiety?

Hi Does anyone know of a good resource for a bit of do it yourself with regards to genetic testing to establish which antidepressant/anxiolytics might work best in one's body? there's firm in the US called Genomind that offer a test called Genecept that offer such testing, but it seems very...
  6. A

Recurrent cold like virus and downstream effects

Does any one have any views on whether wine (specifically red) would cause similar issues?
  7. A

ahh ooops my bad, no Eau du Tumeric then but I guess you could still smell like a curry if it's oral. Yup I remember the advert LoL A quick update - I'm still using NAG. I cant work out if it is having any anti anxiety effect for me, but it does seem to help me get over a broken gut much more...
  8. A

cheers Jim, this is very useful to hear your experience. You mentioned LPS before. I've got myself some decent probiotics now. I will try a few things, laying off black tea for sure and eliminate refined sugars for a while and see if I have any more acute episodes. thanks very much!
  9. A

turmeric spray hey, might end up smelling like a rogan josh ;) interesting idea. I have been having some interesting results with Oolong GABA tea. I bought it loose and decided to try it, the first time was remarkable and reminded me of taking a small amount of benzo. Second day effect not...
  10. A

hi, thanks for chipping in. That's interesting. I dont have a problem with sulfurous veg or grains, although I note if I lay off bread I will generally start to feel healthier. Thanks for the history on candida there, as at the weekend I was having that "aha!" moment, which made me wonder if...
  11. A

Hi Jim Many thanks for this. Just to make sure I understand: is pathogenic bacteria a bad thing or a good thing? And likewise, pseudomonas aeruginosa - are you saying this is a bad bacteria and something you dont want, but when you consume tannins this kills them off and the subsequent die off...
  12. A

so, can any one tell me whether Candida (in the digestive system) is actually a recognised medical condition, or is it something that has been conjured up by internet populace and perpetuated ? I think I've narrowed this down now. It definitely if I over do sugar, and also if I drink black tea...
  13. A

thanks - that's quite a wide list of symptoms. I recognise a lot of them. Antiviral treatment isn't very well established here in the UK.
  14. A

really! that's very interesting. I had tried astragulus and could notice I felt different, but it didnt seem to speed up recovery from bugs. I shall try this then!
  15. A

sorry to hear this. I guess you know about CoQ10 for gums, and have you seen this product? Also, have you ever tried one of the NRI meds?
  16. A

Big thanks to everyone, lots of suggestions there and formulating a plan. Will see how it goes, it takes time testing various approaches as you cant introduce too many changes at once otherwise it's difficult to know what worked and what didnt.
  17. A

thanks, this sounds very similar to me. A bit of exertion in the day, such as doing some DIY, or getting tired, or stressed and it comes right back again. I had not heard of andrographis, thanks for the suggestion. It seems similar to astragulus in that it appears to be a th1 stimulant.
  18. A

interesting notes, thanks. Your mention of green tea, are you referring to the inhibition of th1 side of the immune system? I have considered this, since th1 is likely just what you need to fight off a cold or other infection taking hold (NK cells etc), first line defense stuff. Can you...
  19. A

One thing I did wonder, was whether low stomach acid was preventing whatever is draining down from up there from being killed in the stomach. Im not even sure thats possible as I understand from some basic research online that many viruses can survive the acidic environment of the stomach.
  20. A

thanks MeSci, nice to see you over hear from the Hip anxiety thread. Thanks for the links, I'll take a read. What makes you think your teeth are causing you issues? and more importantly, how are you lately ?
  21. A

Hi there! thanks so much for this. I'm glad to hear you are doing alot better. Its nice to hear a positive story, and it gives me some hope too. I do think I have a broken gut. Sometimes it just builds up in there some days nothing, then comes all at once and is a mix of loose, diarrhea and...
  22. A

thanks. I think you could be right. A few years ago I had a baloon sinuplasty to open up my sinuses. At the same time I also had a deviated septum (basically the bone in the nose) straightened. Ever since this procedure, I've had this recurrent issue. Since then I have been on co-amoxiclav, a...
  23. A

Hi all Not sure if this is the best forum to post this in, but it's worth a shot. I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts. About once a week I get what feels like a cold, except it never really turns into a cold. I dont get the usual runny nose etc but I get post nasal drip, I sneeze more (but not...
  24. A

Still going on the NAG and Flax, had a few wobble days where my agitation is higher, but not as high as it has been over the past few months. I suspect that NAG is helping heal my gut quicker, so I get over these incidents much more quickly (a day instead of days). I have been having some very...
  25. A

It was paid for by the insurance, so I'm not too troubled. I have noticed lately, that medical doctors (at least here in UK), once they get a whiff that the patient in front of them has a history of anxiety, you can almost kiss goodbye to getting help from that doctor. It causes such a strong...
  26. A

Thought I'd give an update on how I'm getting on. I know the thread is old, but someone may find the information useful, information is timeless after all. So I started with tea spoon of flaxseed oil once a day. I've been on that for 3 weeks now. It has had a very noticeable anti inflammatory...
  27. A

Re the inflammation theory of anxiety, I just wanted share this observation from my own history. Just before I had my sinus baloon sinuplasty procedure (essentially, a baloon is inflated in the sinus cavities/openings to open them up), I had said to the ENT in my last appointment before the...
  28. A

Anxiety, Ammonia, and the NMDA Receptor

I think the recommended dose of lactulose for reducing ammonia that is causing mental and other physiological issues (at least in the UK anyway, its non prescription here) is 30 - 50ml 3 times a day, but I'd start at 15ml twice a day or less to get used to it as it has laxative effects and...
  29. A

A long-standing friend and member of PR has died through lack of medical support

Hi, can confirm, it wasn't me. It is sad to hear of this event.