• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

Exerceise amount conundrum

I'll have to read about chelated minerals. Which ones have helped you the most?
  2. L

I have that problem too. Sometimes the next day is only a little bad & it's the 2nd &3rd day that are the worst
  3. L

Mostly, I got sick when I was 12. I'm now 25. Last November it was 13 years. I never heard of pilates until after I had POTS but when I was younger I played a lot of sports & very atheltic. The past 13 yrs I've lived on the couch or in my recliner.* I can't walk a few feet to the bathroom w/out...
  4. L

Read through your exercise post. It sounds like in doing the best I can do right- leg exercises laying down & resting till my hear rate goes back to normal in between I'd really love to get to a point I could do pilates! I've always been interested in it but never had the physical ability
  5. L

Thanks. I hope I'll be able to read through the rest of the thread tomorrow! What is ADB12?
  6. L

Xchocoholicx- I have POTS/OI too. Thats probably my primary diagnosis over CFS. Besides being able to increase the exercise what other improvements have you seen? I'd really love to be able to do more, especially things like reading so I'm not bored all the time & can do more than lay back with...
  7. L

I've been trying some of her techniques based on things that I've read here but im just starting our. Has it helped you? If so, how much?
  8. L

B12 with normal levels

Has anyone taken b12 for CFS while theif levels were normal to high. I had mine checked and they were at the upper limit. I alsp checked my homocysteing and mmaa (indicators of deficiency) and they were both normal too. Is it ok to try them when my levels are already good?
  9. L

I have read about the importance of exercises in small bouts, especially when it comes to strength training. Exercising 30 seconds and then resting for 60-90 seconds. In a lot of the same articles it says never to exercise for more than 20 minutes at a time. What I'm confused about is does it...
  10. L

Confused about b12

I saw a post about b12 it's over 100 pages long, I haven't been able to read it all but it just confuses me. Can someone simplify it- is b12 good or bad for CFS? What is the best brand & way to take it? I've also heard that b12 can deplete potassium but I've also read that potassium slows b12...
  11. L

Living 5 minutes by 5 minutes

This sounds like a good idea. I have POTS and have been really struggling with it and with boredom. I have been thinking about this and I wonder if I push myself to do things for to long. Like I try the best I can and only to get to 20 maybe 30 minutes a couple times a day if I'm lucky and the...
  12. L

Breathing & meditation

I posted this in another subforum but nobody answered, didn't know if you could help or tell me where to post it? I'm not quite sure which forum to post this in but ive been reading about the importance of breathing/meditation in healing our bodies. It's talked about as meditation periods...
  13. L

Understanding breathing & meditiation

I'm not quite sure which forum to post this in but ive been reading about the importance of breathing/meditation in healing our bodies. It's talked about as meditation periods through the day, during exercise in Dr Stevens protocol & to help us fall asleep as well as when we can't sleep. My...
  14. L

What to do when you can't do anything?

Ggingues: I've been diagnosed with POTS but I think my dr has been reluctant to say CFS bc of *stigma it had when I first was sick. Although the stigma is changing & he alway looks into treatments for Cfs to improve the fatigue that comes with POTS. I very very cleary have POTS no doubt in that...
  15. L

Hmm so it's not something I'd be able to do a TON of like a few hours a day. My problem isn't what to do it's energy & not feeling horrible doing it. But I can try drawing! Hollie, I've meditated some, it gets boring. Maybe I'm to antsy of a person. I should look for more information on doing...
  16. L

I've never really tried mindless sketching. I used to draw but would get frustrated bc it didn't look like I wanted it too! I'd have to get over my perfectionist tendencies. I can still give it a try. How hard is drawing compared to reading or being online? June, I knit on and off but can't...
  17. L

Hi! I've been dealing with POTS/OI & I'm pretty sure CFS, my dr won't call it CFS though, for 13 years now. It totally sucks. I try to be as thankful as possible. My biggest problem is boredom!* I've watched as much tv & movies as well as listened to music & audiobooks & just lay there staring...