• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

Problems with Redlabs Testing in Brussels

For the same reason other patients do, BECAUSE WE LOOK FOR AN ANSWER and a possible therapy... duh...
  2. A

Of course, they do since we're taking them to court, what REDLABS are doing is ILLEGAL. PERIOD.
  3. A

Red labs XMRV serology testing... any experience,insights or information?

Nothing changed really, I took this matter to court since as confirmed by ViPDx, results were skewed.
  4. A

GcMAF trial

Found this thread on GcMAF, this confirmed my suspicions : http://forums.aboutmecfs.org/entry.php?483-GcMAF-trial
  5. A

GcMAF trial

Found this thread on GcMAF, this confirmed my suspicions : http://forums.aboutmecfs.org/entry.php?483-GcMAF-trial
  6. A

GcMAF for XMRV--Gc protein-derived macrophage activating factor--anyone taking it?

Here's a thread I found on GCMaf, I think it explains some of your doubts, and after reading this, mine were confirmed : http://forums.aboutmecfs.org/entry.php?483-GcMAF-trial Be aware of this kind of quacks like Noakes.
  7. A

GcMAF for XMRV--Gc protein-derived macrophage activating factor--anyone taking it?

and no, I'm not removing my post, people are free to go and ask and decide for themselves, to me this is nothing but one of those miracle cures, I did nothing to get insulted. This does not seem to be a serious company to me. Period.
  8. A

Here's the source I used I contacted the Gcmaf site in the UK, here's the link : http://www.gcmaf.eu/info/ And according to what appears to be an offical site for this drug the contact person is Noakes, the nasty guy that gave me these answers: David Noakes Patient Communications...
  9. A

GcMAF trial

Just an update on gcmaf Hi everyone, I don't know if you're already using GCMAF but I suggest that you see a doctor before becoming a lab rat to these people. I know how hard (almost impossible) is to find a doctor that treats/understands M.E. But I wrote an email to these people after...
  10. A

GcMAF trial

Just an update on gcmaf Hi everyone, I don't know if you're already using GCMAF but I suggest that you see a doctor before becoming a lab rat to these people. I know how hard (almost impossible) is to find a doctor that treats/understands M.E. But I wrote an email to these people after...
  11. A

Gcmaf = danger or "merely" a waste of money??? Hi Jenny and everyone here, I don't know if you're already using it but I suggest that you see a doctor before becoming a lab rat to these people. I know how hard (almost impossible) is to find a doctor that treats/understands M.E. But I wrote...
  12. A

Why do you ask this question?
  13. A

It's a norwegian site, bizarre. I don't have any problems on my pc.
  14. A

Is this Serious? Now this is very serious, I hope you're being followed-up by a good doctor who knows what he's doing. I contacted GcMAf since I recently tested positive to XMRV, I wanted to know if there were some Clinical trials on this "miracle medicine". To my surprise I got the following...
  15. A

So developping ACNE due to a trial drug would be a good sign???
  16. A

Sure Ukxmrv, but I'm new to this forum, adn don't know how to modify the heading, any ideas?
  17. A

No, I'm sure many people will think twice and get all the necessary information before getting tested. What YOU are doing is defending other people's interests. This is a business, isn't it? After all, we're only clients to these labs, fine then, but at least the least we can ask is ACCURATE...
  18. A

I hope you're right Eric... :(
  19. A

just scan my PC, it shows no sign of a virus, is this a joke?
  20. A

GcMAF trial

Wow thanks for this information JEnny :)
  21. A

GcMAF trial

Wow thanks for this information JEnny :)
  22. A

As you say everything is possible, and I prefer to take precautions, my results came way too quickly right after my complaint. Sorry but it look suspicious to me. And the fact that after showing my results VipDx advised me to get retested in spite of my "positive" result by redlabs... well it's...
  23. A

All wrong again You're confusing everything, when I wrote this thread I was "not happy" for not having been warned about antibiotics before getting tested. When I got my results on March 17th (Irish luck my a*se) I sent my results to VipDx for advise, since Redlabs wouldn't answer. They said...
  24. A

Actually I got the results and the reaction VipDx when I sent the "sheet of paper" I got from Redlabs (no letter attached giving a brief explanation on a positive or negative result, nothing), makes me think they are more "honest" than Redlabs... Time will say... Thank you for your wishes.
  25. A

Just corrected a the last phrase cause I made a mistake while typing... brainfog!
  26. A

Aiden, according to VipDx you need to be off meds for at least a month. I was on antibiotics due to a neverending bronchitis during more than ten days, I stopped the treatment a few days before getting tested. When I asked Redlabs about any medication to be avoided, any necessary measures to...
  27. A

Interesting, what about a patient starting the wrong treatment because of a wrong result, you don't take that into account in your country?:Retro frown: