• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Dealing with AHCY first?

Oh please tell me, what site did you get the percentages from? I need that resource too!
  2. M

Dealing with AHCY first?

Thanks for the stats, I was about to look for those after I broke free from my children's paws :) The information I linked/quoted is coming from a Lyme Disease website that also questions Yasko, so I didn't feel "swayed" but what I was reading. Perhaps the 2% is in looking at all 39 variants...
  3. M

Dealing with AHCY first?

Hmm okay. Is this the case for you? For it to be so common there seems to be so little information, conflicting at least. Just trying to make heads or tails of this before moving on to any other supports for methylation and SNPs. I'm looking at +/- in ACHY 1 and ACHY 19 and definitely see some...
  4. M

Dealing with AHCY first?

Just wondering, I'll share just a few quotes below from https://ihateticks.me/2014/10/28/the-ahcy-polymorphisms/ This low percentage of the population with AHCY variants may be why I'm not getting much response on the topic.
  5. M

Dealing with AHCY first?

Are any of you dealing with AHCY? I've read it ought to be dealt with before any other SNPs that nearly any supplement used for methylation causes more trouble with AHCY but I'm not finding much data on how to handle AHCY. Would appreciate any resources/links/etc. Many thanks
  6. M

Inflammation/liver support before probiotics?

When one is considering to begin a probiotics regimen, say Bio-kult for example (building dosage slowly) is it best to implement liver or inflammation support before beginning on probiotics to prep for possible detox? What are your experiences and opinions? Thanks in advance for sharing!
  7. M

Extreme food sensitivities - any can relate?

Thank you for the kind words. We are "going through the ropes" with a pediatrician and that is getting no where as no one seems aware of the issues I question. The big helps are "giver her maalox and go to thr health department dietician" and then that it is her behavior/developmebt/my...
  8. M

Extreme food sensitivities - any can relate?

Hi everyone, I'm looking for anyone that can relate to the following food sensitives. My young daughter has always had some sensitivities (gluten, dairy/casein, anything artificial, etc.) We have discovered even more sensitivities (salicylates, phenols, glutamates, grains, sulfur/ammonia...
  9. M

Creepy crawly skin?

Have any of you found a brilliant "quick fix" for this? I am so incredibly sleep deprived, I have two very small children which add to my sleepless nights and the later at night it gets the worse my skin crawling becomes. It is an all over body misery. crawling, itching. This began for me in...