• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Den Project Appeal for Gillian McCarthy, ME/MCS sufferer

Organophosphates have long been recognized as one of the causes for ME/CFS symptoms and it definitely appears that those with MCS are much more likely to be those who have organophosphate and/or organochlorine poisoning. It does not however invalidate the viral and bacterial hypotheses for the...
  2. S

A Good Night's Sleep? Not with ME/CFS

I would like to add to your discussion regarding excitotoxicity in ME and FMS. EEG expert Frank Duffy discovered that ME patients experience a micro-seizure and he described alpha wave intrusion as being a major part of this finding. As you probably know, this is THE major finding in sleep...
  3. S

Article: The Singh XMRV Patent The Next Cancer for XMRV? Prostate Cancer Results Validated/Progress

Cannabis and ME/CFS I would like to note that cannabis is an NMDA/glutamate antagonist that buffers the glutamatergic excitotoxicity that occurs in ME/CFS. In essence, it is a neuroprotective chemical that is preventing further damage by excessive glutatmate in the CNS. It is no...
  4. S

Article: Report From the OFFER 2010 Conference

No cycles to break Pardon my scientific nerdiness (I know you were just taking in general but I thought I would point out a few things that might be helpful to understanding the physiology of these illnesses.) Although the cycles you mentioned may be the case for most "normal" folks or...