• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Exploring Shamanism

Back to shamanism - I'd encourage everyone to read Spiritwalker, messages from the future by Hank Wesselman. It's the first in a series of three "stories". Not that I believe the future that unfolds in his stories is a given, rather a possibility in our evolution. More likely, a parallel that...
  2. S

Exploring Shamanism

It's been an interesting day.... "Spirituality and its practices are often involved with ritual, requirements, faith, and the observance of special ways of living or thinking. As we have said before there are those fragments who will choose paths of spirituality rather than to deal with who...
  3. S

Exploring Shamanism

Glad to have you join us Wayne. That's a very good description of unconditional love. Oh, the parallel universe thing. I hope on some other plane I was smart enough to be rich...LOL! :tongue: There are some very interesting stories out there about people wo have slipped accidently into...
  4. S

Exploring Shamanism

They must have chosen that beccause it happened. But why? Look what I found on the Michael site - "A bored, frustrated, or blocked Artisan will always find ways to be creative, even if it means creating an interesting disease." I was reading about the different personalities and found...
  5. S

Why is Mayo Clinic doing Amygdala Study?

Why does help have to be complicated, expensive, drug filled, or fit into the box of typical medicine? Clearly, that doesn't work at all or none of you would be here seeking answers. While I haven't participated in this particular program, I've used similar retraining to help me recover. And...
  6. S

Exploring Shamanism

Food for thought - something I have no answer for. Why did thousands of people check out in Haiti at the same time? An earthquake is the obvious answer. But there is likely something deeper going on there. Which brings me to - why do millions of people have peculiar health issues now? Why...
  7. S

Exploring Shamanism

Oh, I don't know how good of a handle I have on life, but I am very open to ideas. Any time I find myself doubting something that may be a truth of some sort, I get whacked along side of the head with some other experience that tells me it is, indeed, truth. I've learned the hard way that it's...
  8. S

Exploring Shamanism

Good morning, I read someplace that the infant actually remembers "the other side". How interesting is that? Up to about age 2. There are many stories about the very young, who talk well, relating info about past lives and past relationships with family members. We all walk some hard...
  9. S

Exploring Shamanism

The minute you think you are the teacher, you become the student. The minute you think you are the student, you become the teacher. Saving others. I can relate on that one. While it's a wonderful endeavor to help others when you can, there is always an experience in there for you. You...
  10. S

Exploring Shamanism

I'll have to do some reading about Michael. Many messengers, one message. The more I study from more messengers, the more I'm able to connect the dots. As in - Karma =eye for an eye = cause and effect . And each messenger has their own way of putting it. Some of them don't translate...
  11. S

Can you trace your illness back to about 1980?

I wasn't going to go into the whole Monsanto thing that just makes my blood boil. I've got a really great video on this whole GMO thing and it's just shocking. The money and power and control at the cost of many lives and our health. Anything labeled organic in this country can't have GMO in...
  12. S

Very interesting, everyone. I suspect that those environmental poisonings are one of many triggers for illness. They cause damage that leaves one open to attack. The body becomes unable to fend off things that normal peoples immune system can handle. The body is always in a state of...
  13. S

Exploring Shamanism

I'll check out those videos a bit later.... thanks! You've got my mind swimming with ideas this morning! Any discussion along this line opens pathways and I love that. While my objective might be helping someone else, I always learn much more than I expect. Every choice is perfect...
  14. S

Exploring Shamanism

Hi Rainbow11 High time science and spirit made a connection, isn't it? There are several writers out there connecting the dots. What are the Michael Teachings? More interesting reading along this line are the Neale Donald Walsh books, Conversations With God. Nothing like the title...
  15. S

(I started a thread on exploring shamanism)
  16. S

Exploring Shamanism

Another possibility all this opened up was that in "that other realm" we aren't sick. That's an earthly physical experience. I think it's possible to tap into that "wholeness" and bring it back and have it be a part of this reality. That doesn't mean I think everyone can meditate once and...
  17. S

Exploring Shamanism

Oerganix, I thought I'd just go ahead and start another thread, not sure if this topic is going elsewhere. I read some books by Hank Wesselman and started using his drumming CD for meditation. Drumming really is helpful for tuning in. At least for me it is. I tend to drift into sleep or...
  18. S

Maybe that's why I can't eat veal...... Lol!
  19. S

Hijack away, not a problem for me. Conversations take natural twists and turns. But I'll look for that other thread mentioned above too. Always happy to discuss personal spiritual changes. Such a fascinating realm.
  20. S

Dreambirdie - ***Do no harm.*** That has been my mantra while treating myself. Only tried and true, safe, nothing experimental, healthy, natural treatments. I refuse to be anyones guinea pig. Oerganix - let me know how you like the book. I've done some personal work in this realm also and...
  21. S

I read infowars too. I have mixed thoughts about much of this stuff. It's really hard to take it seriously at times. Since most of us can not, would not ever consider such horrors perpetuated on the world. But the holocaust happened. There are those that pursue such dreadful self interests...
  22. S

Teejkay, I don't think CFS was/is a part of the plan to kill off the population, I suspect it was a test of some sort. Perhaps one of those German scientists brought over after WWII was given the blood of a person with "dropsy" and told to make a weapon. At least one of those scientists is a...
  23. S

Thanks for all the replies here, everyone. Kathi - here's a hug for you (((hug))). That's quite a road you've been down. I lost 3 babies along the way. It's not easy. Islandfinn - "What odd interests this disease engenders." Isn't that the truth! Every angle of this illness piques my...
  24. S

I'm just curious as to how many of us are left. 1980 or so was the Incline Village mess. While that was the outbreak that made the news, there were others. If you've survived this so called non-progressive illness for 30 yeas or so, you're doing something right. So, Kudos to all the long...
  25. S

Interesting.... George, are your Grandma and Mom still with us?
  26. S

Can you trace your illness back to about 1980? I'd like to know how many people here can trace the start of their illness back roughly 30 years. Even if you weren't diagnosed until more recent than that.
  27. S

Home Alone for the Holidays

Hi Honora! I remember you. Good to see you again too!
  28. S

Oh, You're right, it is a bumpy ride!
  29. S

Hi Brenda, nice to meet you! I'd be happy to share more. How about I start a thread after this holiday? Today I have to get my house ready for guests and get started on food. There will be 13 hungry people here tomorrow and I have a lot to do. I'm so thankful that I'm up to the task.
  30. S

Yes, Gracenote..... I'd be happy to explain what I mean by that. I forget that many of you here don't know me. I believe that we are in control of creating our lives, our experiences. As one of the oddball few who seems to have regained the bulk of my health, I'm equally aware that I am...