• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Methylation Newbie... Couple Questions

Anyone? Also a correction what I said above... my RBC folate was not normal but couldn't actually be measured because it was above the upper limit of the range used by the lab. Is excess RBC folate usually a sign of over or under-methylation?
  2. M

Alright well it's been over a month... can't say I felt any different really from the p5p and zinc so I don't think I have pyroluria. I've been doing a bit of read about methylation, and apparently niacin essentially soaks up methyl groups. Thing is when I last tried a low dose of methylfolate...
  3. M

Ok I'll look into it thanks. I figure I may as well go ahead and try p5p + zinc and see how it does rather than testing for pyroluria. Saves money and I'll know if it works so what's the point in testing. Anyway, what is the dose of p5p people usually go for? I've read around 50 mg.
  4. M

I do take B12 but not sure if it's often enough. I take 5000 mcg sublingually every week or so. My levels are high so I don't take it that often. Interesting... never heard of it. I did find a clinic near me though that tests for both pyroluria and all the same methylation markers mentioned...
  5. M

Cool thanks for your reply! I'll look into getting the testing done. Any thoughts on methylfolate dosing?
  6. M

Hi... so I discovered methylation recently and have been reading about it a lot and researching it as a possible cause of anxiety. I'm wondering which blood tests I would want to get to rule out any methylation problems. I know there's genetic testing at 23andme, but I read on another thread...