• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Alpha-MSH protein, a potential biomarker for CFS - Japan

Do you think spraying Chlorine Dioxide all over a new apartment/house/living space would help bring mold levels down? I read this study saying it could potentially kill almost every time of mycotoxin: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1214660/ It's a very interesting substance. Lots...
  2. S

Yes I was diagnosed by one of the Shoemaker certified Doctors. Have you tested yourself?
  3. S

Very cool, you've given me a lot to read up on! Did you only use the spray once? The problem with Marcons is that they are covered in biofilm. Is this true for MRSA as well? I don't know actually, I haven't retested. But I did feel that the BEG Spray helped clear my sinuses quite a bit. I am...
  4. S

Detox from Tattoo Ink

They do. If you have ever had a tattoo you would've noticed it becoming more and more faded as time goes on. This is the ink breaking down and going into your body. After a new tattoo 30% of the ink will travel into your body within the first month. From then on it will be a slower process...
  5. S

Yes, I have CIRS and very low (undetectable levels) of MSH. So it would be a good idea to test your own levels before using it. I also used BEG Spray to remove MARCoNs but it didn't seem to help raising my MSH levels.
  6. S

I have been injecting a-MSH (1mg per day) for about 2 weeks now and the benefits have been tremendous so far. My sensitivity to mold has gone down considerably and I haven't gotten PEM from walking lately. I am doing some other things too but I think the MSH has played a big part.
  7. S

Detox from Tattoo Ink

Here is a study: http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0092787 Take a look at the pictures of the lymph nodes. They are all black. It is definitely not eliminated within a couple of days, but stays in the body indefinitely.
  8. S

Detox from Tattoo Ink

Tattoo inks, as is well known, contain a lot of different heavy metals. Black ink (which I have on my body) also often contain large amounts of Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH's). These substances are all toxic to the body and can cause cancer among other things. After getting a tattoo...
  9. S

Losartan -- TGF-b Inhibitor for ME // Any success?

I took Losartan for a month to bring down my TGF-Beta levels. I also took Pentoxifylline. My TGF-Beta during this time went down for 9000 to 3500. Felt no other effects than that.
  10. S

Water fasting - Can I take my meds?

No actually there is evidence.
  11. S

Hypoxen - Mitochondrial Respiration Inhibitor?

I don't think you can categorize and say "performance enhancing drugs are dangerous". All drugs are performance enhancing. Coffee is one example.
  12. S

DMSO - Mycotoxins entering tissues?

I have been applying some DMSO liquid mixed with Iodine to an injury of mine and it has done wonders so far. DMSO basically helps to carry the Iodine through the skin and into the tissues. I was wondering though, what if you applied the mixture inside a moldy building? Could mycotoxins that...
  13. S

What is DMSO?

Question: What if you applied DMSO to your skin in a house with moldy air, could you get mycotoxins deep into your body that way? That could probably kill (or completely ruin) someone with a mold allergy?
  14. S

Ok, to me it sounds like the opposite. It reduces the body's need for oxygen. So should technically give more energy to your cells and make your mitochondria work better. Maybe I am understanding things wrong though. I think doping substances are all interesting because as you say, it's a multi...
  15. S

It's a good point. I don't know actually.
  16. S

I don't know about cats specifically. It's possible that they will starve to death after 2 days without food (although I doubt it). Most other animals however (including humans) can go much longer without food.
  17. S

The logic behind it is that when the body shuts down digestion it can focus its energy on healing itself. It gets rid of all the toxins that you have stored up in fat cells among other things. After 3 days it goes into ketosis and this is when the healing starts. This is what animals do when...
  18. S

Yes, as I have written (twice) in this thread I have tried a 96 hour water fast previously. It went well. Apparently you shouldn't need all of that. Your body has reserves that should last a very long time. The body is evolved to be without food for very long periods. Here is a guy who went on...
  19. S

How do you know fasting caused the magnesium deficiency? Did you test your magnesium just before and after the fast? Yes, with water fast I meant drinking water only. Some people drink juices etc. But you get electrolytes from himalayan salt?
  20. S

Yes, I had similar symptoms when I tried it the last time around. I think I did 96 hours. I could've gone on longer but I had business to conduct and couldn't walk without getting dizzy. But yeah, I do have some experience at least. I now have a cottege rented for a month so thought it'd be a...
  21. S

Forgive me if this is in the wrong area of the forum. I intend to try a water fast for 10-30 days and see if it can help with the CFS. Was wondering if I can still take my meds and some other things during this time: - Himalayan salt (I intend to drink distilled water instead of right out of...
  22. S

Came over a bottle of this, could it be any good for CFS? Or would it be detrimental? It is used as a doping drug. "Hypoxen belongs to a class antihypoxants and antioxidants that reduce oxygen consumption and increase the efficiency of the body in extreme situations. The drug has anti-hypoxic...
  23. S

Does massive temp / baro / humidity change spike your symptoms

A lot. Humidity and rain increases mold spores. You just said that when the humidity increased you started to feel bad. That's a telling sign right there. Also mold does not have to be toxic once you're sick. Any mold will cause problems. Laura Hillenbrand may not have mold issues. CFS is not a...
  24. S

Does massive temp / baro / humidity change spike your symptoms

It's mold. That's the reason for your CFS. Washing your face does not help getting rid of the mold as it gets inside your nasal cavities and the rest of your body. After an exposure it could take 1-2 weeks to get it out, given that you aren't rexposed. Your only option is to live in the desert...
  25. S

I don't get PEM in Hawaii. Why?

Have you checked for CIRS/mold? You may have it.
  26. S

I don't get PEM in Hawaii. Why?

So most probably your issues are psychological. One should never underestimate the placebo effect.
  27. S

How to mold test before moving in?

I am looking for a new apartment. How can I test the levels of mold in it before I sign the lease? What is the best/most accurate test to use that won't break the bank? (As I may have to test 2-3 different ones).
  28. S

BEG Spray without EDTA?

I got BEG Spray for mold/MARCONS prescribed by my Doctor a while back. However, he has now went out of business so I can't ask him any questions anymore. I also cannot find an appointment to another mold Doctor for at least another 6-12 months...so I am currently treating myself (following the...
  29. S

Valley Fever in the SW (Mold?)

If you have CIRS and CFS because of mold, wouldn't the South West be a dangerous place to live? Valley Fever is basically fungus/mold that is especially deadly in people with low immunity. On the other hand the desert is supposed to be the best climate for avoiding mold. So, how do one avoid...
  30. S

Building a mold free house

I appreciate all the inputs so far, thanks. Some comments and replies to some of you: Cheesus: Bricks are probably good, but it seem that cavity would be terrible for mold. It sucks moisture into it. It looks like a breeding ground for mold. Correct me if I'm wrong. Junkcrap50: ICF is...