• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. G

Dr. Chia's stomach biopsy

I'm still kind of confused as to whether I have a messed up immune system that allowed for this chronic infection, or this infection messed up my immune system. I'm also not sure if I should be happy that I found something that can be potentially treated, or saddened that it's something that I...
  2. G

The pathology report was pretty normal. They found mile gastritis and esophagitis, but said that comes up on many, many people. I was actually able to improve my GI symptoms pretty considerably through other means. Did the Equilibrant not help at all with symptoms outside the gut?
  3. G

Well I had cameras down my throat and up my rectum at the same time
  4. G

Yea, I actually had a colonoscopy during the same time I had the endoscopy, but I was very clear about what was to be sent. Of course there could have been some confusion. Is it less important that there was an enterovirus found in my colon as opposed to my stomach? Maybe they are there in many...
  5. G

I have pretty intense fatigue, GI pain, bloating, loose stools, sore throat, and blood tests showing both autoimmunity and immune deficiency
  6. G

I have, and it was negative
  7. G

Interesting, so is it more or less significant that this is a colon cell versus a stomach cell?
  8. G

Thank you for all the information! One other thing that confuses me if the fact that I don't have PEM. In fact, the only times I feel good or normal is when I excercise. And I've been very vigilant, I don't have any crashes even into the next week. It's just that usually I feel so, so awful I...
  9. G

@halcyon I was confused by the fact that it said "colon" as well, but I'm thinking that might be a mistake as these were biopsies from an endoscopy where they only looked at the esophagus and stomach. As far as the serology tests, I had a bunch done which were all negative, but he said those...
  10. G

Hi, So I had my initial appointment with Dr. Chia back in April, and I just got the results back from his testing of my stomach biopsies: http://imgur.com/UxsI7Vm I'm just a bit confused about how much stock to put in all this. The fact that he found enteroviruses in 20% of controls seems a...
  11. G

Equilibrant and LDN

so why does LDN seem to work for autoimmune conditions that are both th1 and th2 dominated?
  12. G

Equilibrant and LDN

Thank you for the info!! So essentially it does the same thing as equilibrant?
  13. G

Equilibrant and LDN

Hello, I had an appointment with Dr. Chia yesterday, but honestly have more questions that before at this point. He prescribed equilibrant at 1/4 a tablet for a few weeks before moving up, not to exceed 1 tablet 2x a day. I have autoimmune tendencies (super high ANA, high ACE, low complement...