• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

Zinc and Alkaline phosphatase?

Yes I'm getting that checked as well, I know Zn deficiency can cause copper accumulation and that excess zinc supplementation can deplete copper. I'm also getting my Delta 6 Desaturase and different EFA ratios tested as I've read this can be a good proxy for zinc and b6 status. I just want to...
  2. D

Could be due to issues with bone loss or damage or liver problems from what i've learned online. Mines is still in the normal range though, it's just more towards the upper levels rather than the lower, which apparently ahouldn't be the case if I had issues with zinc being low.
  3. D

Is it possible to be deficient in zinc yet have normal alkaline phosphatase levels? I recently came across "pyroluria" on the web which i'm sure regular posters here will have no doubt heard of. I was very skeptical of it at first, but I found a couple of studies which found that high levels of...
  4. D

Regarding Folate, DHFR and MTHFR

Thanks, from the look of it that tests a lot of things i've been wanting to have tested. Bit expensive though but i'll probably get it done once I look more into it. Does is take actual serum readings of vitamins too or just urine metabolites?
  5. D

Also my b12 results were normal at 430 and vitamin d was slightly deficient.
  6. D

Hi everyone, I've been a lurker on here for a while and had a question regarding folate. I had a blood test recently which showed that my folate was under the range it should be. After discovering this I requested to see the results of previous blood tests I had done (I live in scotland and you...