• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

How does Vitamin A (and D) work in regards to blood calcium?

Might I ask what problems it causes for you, and what MK-4 K does to give you relief? I'm not entirely sure I've tried the MK-4 but you've definitely made me curious. It's weird because Vitamin A seems to reduce my energy, and relax me similarly to how magnesium used to (and generally doesn't...
  2. D

See this is what I don't understand. I read that phosphorous is agonistic to calcium, in that it helps absorption and utilization of it. Not necessarily that it increases blood levels ofc, if anything it seems it would lower it.. but make more use of it. Could that be what they mean by...
  3. D

So I actually have a few questions about this, and I'm very hopeful that there is someone here with a deep understanding of how Vitamin A (retinol/beta carotene) works. But my main question is, precisely how does Vitamin A affect blood calcium levels? At deficient levels, normal levels, and...
  4. D

Amino Acids for Hyperammonemia, Candida, And Nerve Repair?

Phew.. hell of a title. And with that as well, I'm not sure where to post this because it falls under so many symptoms and categories.. But I'll try to keep it short.. Basically, I have Hyperammonemia of the Liver, as well as hyperammonemic encephalopathy and neuropathy. I have candida...
  5. D

Life threateningly sick... what can I do?? (aldosterone, adrenaline, food allergies, etc)

I have not been tested for it, I didn't even know something like this existed and my doctors have certainly never brought it up as a possibility... but I'll look into it and try the self test if it's something I can do. However, getting my doctors to look into it is a whole nother story, as...
  6. D

Life threateningly sick... what can I do?? (aldosterone, adrenaline, food allergies, etc)

God I wish my doctors were intelligent enough to do something like that... If I sound bitter, it's because I am. Extremely bitter beyond words at this point. It sounds like everyone else in the entire world's doctors have a pretty good handle on their cases, but somehow out of the DOZENS of...
  7. D

I live in connecticut, but like I said I would need to see someone who can work a miracle for me at this point. Not sure if an Endo would even help there, but maybe if I can get on Aldosterone at least it'd be a start. I'm not familiar with that one, but from what I've read it's very clearly...
  8. D

Help me make sense of these Aldosterone results?

Also... I have excruciating back pain, pinpointed EXACTLY to where both of my kidneys are located, never changes locations and it's unmistakeable... and this pain always gets much worse when my tremendous needs for salt goes up, my urine becomes severely concentrated, extremely acidic, and...
  9. D

Help me make sense of these Aldosterone results?

I decided to make a separate thread for this specifically, because my other thread was too gigantic and had way too much info and questions. The test results are as follows... Aldost SerPI-mCnc - 1 ng/dl see note *** Unable to flag abnormal result(s), please refer to reference range(s)...
  10. D

My uric acid levels are usually high tbh, but I have this issue even when they're not. I have all the symptoms of someone with low aldosterone levels though, so does my entire family (except my mom, but her side has the thyroid problems). And all I keep reading about is how it can cause all...
  11. D

Unfortunately I am far beyond the point where adrenal cortex extracts work anymore... have been for roughly 7 years. At this point it just wreaks more havoc on my body, much in the ways that Dr Lam and other Adrenal experts say happens in severe cases. The problem being that it's not just my...
  12. D

I APOLOGIZE FOR THE SIZE OF THIS THREAD, BUT I REALLY REALLY NEED HELP... PLEASE BARE WITH ME. I have been sick for roughly 20 years now. Primarily with adrenal fatigue (only diagnosed by NDs, 3 of them so far) and severe GI/digestive issues. It's gotten to the point where it's so bad that I...
  13. D

Too much GABA too fast? (Yasko protocol/LGut/adrenal questions) URGENT

So I asked some questions on the Dr Amy (Yasko) forums, and perhaps it's just not frequented enough (only 11 views in 5 days), but I haven't received any response yet, and it's an extremely urgent matter. It may be kind of obvious what I did wrong here, but I still need some clarification...
  14. D

Questions about Vitamin K, and calcium/magnesium deficiency.

Well see that's the whole problem that I have... being that my adrenals are so badly damaged and I get terribly low blood sugar and hormones (even glandulars don't help and my docs won't prescribe cortisol), sodium and potassium are very very difficult for me. I can't just take a bunch of...
  15. D

OMGOSH, you just described perfectly exactly what I'm dealing with... I have a very SEVERE magnesium deficiency, which is also causing a massive sodium and potassium deficiency, and throwing both ratios completely out of balance... as such taking too much calcium or D3 makes my magnesium levels...
  16. D

Ok first off, I just want to say that I always pretty much only ever hear about calcium, vitamin D, and vitamin K in regards to "bone density" and very rarely of their many other functions, especially in regards to what magnesium can do when taken in the right balance/ratios with them. It's...
  17. D

Questions on Calcium-Magnesium ratio, topical magnesium - related to ammonia/methylation

Hi folks, it's been a while since I've posted on here... to give a bit of background my illness and symptoms are too numerous to fully list - but overall the biggest issues I'm having right now are ammonia overload/toxicity, very bad adrenal fatigue, very bad digestion (not just low stomach...
  18. D

Is Ammonia/CBS Upregulation my main issue now?... Please help!

Unfortunately none of the things you recommended, or anything else I've tried for it have worked for me. Digestive enzymes and anything even remotely acidic (lemon juice, acv, spices, even black pepper, fermented foods, etc) make my digestion and all other symptoms MUCH, MUCH worse. Probiotics...
  19. D

Can B vitamins deplete other nutrients? (cofactors)

OH! that's very interesting, thank you... I wonder what it is about this one though? I feel like if I could figure out exactly WHY the Vital Nutrients one works better overall (milder but longer lasting benefit), and this LifeExtension one only gives me a quick boost then much worse/crash. I'd...
  20. D

To put my thoughts into perspective... I've been trying some full multi vitamin-minerals, rather than the B complex (which I stopped completely). One makes me feel a little bit better, kind of, but isn't enough overall I guess (maybe need to give it more time). Which is this one here...
  21. D

Maybe this is the question I should have asked originally... Since I'm struggling so hard suddenly, and I'm trying to figure out what's going on with me. It's probably a really stupid question, but I need confirmation. After making SO much progress with just individual Bs and then a B...
  22. D

Once again, I'm not interested in whether you think cbs upregulation is a myth or not. Not interested in debating it either. I know that I HAVE a problem with upregulation, ammonia, and every symptom related to it. I'm just trying to figure out if it's the main cause of my current setbacks...
  23. D

My conclusions, from my experience and all that I mentioned above... (which may be very crude and lacking understanding, I'm sure) So I think what happened was, ammonia wasn't a problem for me for a while. Especially after starting the B complex. But now for whatever messed up reason, it is...
  24. D

So I was doing very well for a while, on just a sort of basic Methylation protocol. But now I'm struggling a great deal again, and I think I may have figured out the potential reasons why... (I realize this is very very long, but please bare with me) Some background... My MAIN issues are...
  25. D

How B2 really affects Folate?

Sorry, not interested in debating that with you. I most certainly have issues with ammonia, sulfur and protein - as well as a great deal of symptoms from upregulation my entire life. And have only found benefit to my life-long illness in treating those things, and methylation, ever. I'm...
  26. D

Thank you very much for the reply. Some of it's a bit over my head but I get what you're saying for the most part... The thing is though, I am in fact taking a full B complex, which worked VERY well for me by itself, for a long while... and then suddenly just STOPPED... I started taking...
  27. D

And by that logic, are there other B vitamins (or other nutrients) that B2 helps to "metabolize" or increase the effectiveness of?? One that aren't even bound to methyl? Like niacin, niacinamide, b6, b1, choline, etc etc... Likewise, could B2 potentially increase the effectiveness of B12 in...
  28. D

One thing I keep reading about on here is the interaction between Riboflavin and Folate. This might be a silly question now that I think about it but... On one thread I read that B2 by itself is a "methyl accepter" so to speak, which increases the "effectiveness" I guess of methyl groups, from...
  29. D

Inositol Hexaniacinate and PABA ingredients - are they safe?

I'm severely overmethylating and looking into getting a B complex that doesn't have Folate/B12 in them, so I can take them seperately and/or in another non-methyl form (folinic acid and adensylcobalamin). BUT the B-minus by seeking health has both niacin and inositol hexaniacinate in it, and...
  30. D

Looking for a NO copper/iodine multi (with folate/methylb12)

oh....... that multi i linked originally has waaaaaayyyy too many methyl vitamins lol, even more than my b complex... as well as inositol hexaniacinate too, anyway. that's not gonna work either. sigh