• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Please help with survey in analysis of PACE trial - urgent

Very cool project. I emailed my numbers. I'm not sure if I remember 'healthy'. I have started to cringe when people ask me if I'm tired because if I say yes, the response is usually 'Ya, me too'. I recently interrupted a friend to say 'wait a minute... We are not on the same scale. So the...
  2. S

Transformational Breathing

Three years ago my body crashed and I have been unable to work since. At first I rarely got out of bed, let alone out of the house. A friend arranged for us to go to a Buddist Temple to learn Qi Gong. Others were sitting in a circle, I was laying on a mat. We learned several Breathing 'patterns'...
  3. S

Comment by 'Sushizim' in 'Be-ing and Accepting (Quality of Life Blogs #2)'

After reading Eat Pray Love, I started practicing sitting quietly and smiling. Ketut, the Medicine Man in Bali, suggests it to Elizabeth Gilbert, the author. And he says 'Not so easy. Is your liver smiling?' It keeps getting easier the more I practice it. We hear about people healing disease...
  4. S

Comment by 'Sushizim' in 'Payback of Overdoing It'

I found something that has stopped my 'episodes'. I put 1 tablespoon Apple Cidar Vinegar in a cup of water. You can drink up to three a day. It corrects the ph balance in the gut. I don't know the science of it like many on this site. But it works for me. And I have to avoid sugar too.
  5. S

Comment by 'Sushizim' in 'Being and Thinking: the Quality of Life Blogs Begin :)'

AWESOME! One of my biggest 'crises' after my ME/CFS crash was the panic I felt when I realized I could no longer 'do' All I could do is 'be'. I didn't have a clue how to 'be'. And who could love me if I couldn't 'do'. And so my quest began. I was able to stop the racing in my chest by...
  6. S

Comment by 'Sushizim' in 'Payback of Overdoing It'

Carrigon. I feel so bad for you. Please, please feel better soon.
  7. S

Comment by 'Sushizim' in 'Support for Tanniaust'

Tanya, I hope you made it through the night. I hope you will get the help you need. And I hope you will feel the start of a seed of hope in your heart from the love we send you. Hope is VERY powerful. Please hang on! We are hoping for you until you can feel it again. Love Sushizim
  8. S

Sushizim

9. S

A bit about me

I rent an old farm house way out in the country. My city friends might think I'm brave. My country friends might think I'm smart. I think it was what I needed. I worked in the city for several years not sure what my symptoms were from. Some things I tried helped. Most did not. It would seem I...
  10. S

Comment by 'Sushizim' in 'Tired of the Yattering'

Sometimes I look at the people around me and think no wonder I have struggled so much. They just don't get it. But recently I have realized that it is ME who needs to get it. So as soon as I have a thought about 'them', I catch myself and remember I need to be kind to myself. I want others to...