• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

Tingling when absorbing B12, what does this mean?

I'm not trying to preach to anyone about diet, just raising the possibility that food sources may be sufficient and lower risk. I'm not advocating a diet of ONLY high folate vegetables, but something mixed in moderation. You know best of folate foods bother you. I think you know digestion is...
  2. B

Clearly whole foods like vegetables or legumes and turkey are high in folate, and processed foods would have the folic acid. That doesn't mean I'm advocating a vegan diet or anything extreme. What I'm saying amounts to this: it seems to me that taking supplements without addressing any...
  3. B

When I say folate from foods, I mean folate from foods, not folic acid. I didn't miss you saying you didn't think you could process folic acid. I'm not ordering you to "be happy with it". I'm saying that's what I would have rather done, is take it easy with a small amount of hydroxocobalamin...
  4. B

It doesn't indicate that a person is overloaded in B12 and has more than they can use at that time? Was this a naturopathic college? I'm curious.
  5. B

So, sadly I am one of those peole who got messed up, as you say. I didn't want to, and didn't realize that was a risk. A doctor gave me 1000mcg methylfolate and 5000mcg methylcobalamin daily, and said it had no side effects. I didn't really know about all this MTHFR rabbit hole, I just thought I...