• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. rippe

Trauma-induced Gastritis

Hi Cate, most people might not like my recommendations below, I can totally understand that, but please note it somewhere and come back to it if nothing else works and you consider to give it a try. because it really helps(!), me and many others who were desperate enough to try it can confirm...
  2. rippe

Fluoridation Linked to ADHD, Hypothyroid - newsweek article

there is a controversial but worth watching documentary about this called "One Third of the H."
  3. rippe

Fluoridation Linked to ADHD, Hypothyroid - newsweek article

I recommend to take a look on what MICHAEL COLLINS PIPER has said about this financing allegations. there is a lot more to know and it is not as simple as Anthony Sutton & Co are telling…
  4. rippe

Unrealized: Vitamin A deficiency even Despite Supplementation in many

fermented cod liver oil worked extremly well for me. I do not worry much about the rancid fats in there. since I eat a lot of raw animal fats I assume my body is not that desperate in need of fats so it just ignores the rancid fats and the transfats in foods. there were other times long ago when...
  5. rippe

Taurine & Beta-Alanine

Oh sorry I've read something wrong. You wrote heart not head. anyway… : )
  6. rippe

Taurine & Beta-Alanine

do you know what causes this empty feeling exactly. I have this too very often despite taking taurine and riboflavin. It feels like having real empty space in the head. I fall asleep than without being tired in my head or senses. It doesn't feel well.
  7. rippe

Oxalate Dumping - a Probiotic Solution?

Gondwanaland, du have something to read for me about the glycine / b6 / oxalate / joint pain relation? the whole topic is new to me. and I noticed joint pain after mg-bisglycinate and want to know more about how b6 prevents glycin converting into oxalate. thank you!
  8. rippe

Cofactors for magnesium absorption into cells?

Does this happen with magnesium bisglycinate, too? has bisglycinate more need for b6 because glycin gets converted to oxalates? I recently started mg-bisglycinate and noticed some more joint pain. I'll watch that… Totally forgot that b6 is needed for mg. but is it needed even more for...
  9. rippe

what about this burning sensation (inflammation?) in tissue (muscles?) and finger joints after eating large amounts of white asparagus? is this because of oxalates or something else? I heard about K and E have an antagonistic relation. does it mean K1 or K2? does one inhibit absorption of the...
  10. rippe

have you seen that?: he talkes about calcium is needed to bind oxalates. before that I never understood why calcium deficiency may cause kidney stones.
  11. rippe

I'd like to add and recommend from my personal experience not to forget to take retinol and potassium as well if one takes hormone D and B1. D can seriously lower retinol because a ratio of 1:25 (D:A) IU is needed. And B1 can lower potassium. both is merely recognizable immediately and therefor...
  12. rippe

Taurine & Beta-Alanine

is it possible to take taurine together with zinc or do they interfere or bind each other because of the sulfur? has anybody any experience with combining them? since both of them work well before bedtime…
  13. rippe

is it possible to take taurine together with zinc or do they interfere or bind each other because of the sulfur? has anybody any experience with combining them? since both of them work well before bedtime…
  14. rippe

B1 induced deficiency

Tank you guys! This is very interesting! Lot's of useful information.
  15. rippe

Cannot Sleep Without Raw Beef: But Why?

That's cool! for me the taste was a bit to intense to get it down. even ceviche. I always wonder about beef liver supplements. tiny amounts in capsules. (maybe denatured, dried, oxidized too?). so I freeze raw gras fed liver and just rasp (or chop) about a piled tablespoon each day and swallow...
  16. rippe

CAUTION: Vitamin B12 Sublinguals — The Citric Acid Additive Can Erode Tooth Enamel

Hi Hip, you used the dicalcium phosphate for rinsing right? or as an additive in toothpaste? But you didn't brushed with the dry powder itself right? Is the powder somehow microcrystalline without any hard bits or is it granulated so it might physically harm the teeth? I'm planing to brush my...
  17. rippe

CAUTION: Vitamin B12 Sublinguals — The Citric Acid Additive Can Erode Tooth Enamel

brilliant explanation. thank you! started to use a miswak weeks ago. somebody told me there is some fluoride naturally in it. but could be marketing.
  18. rippe

Thank you so much for your hint Hip! I was using sodium phosphate to brush my teeth and never thougt about calcium phosphate until I've read your post. very interesting. Tomorrow I order calcium phosphate Ca5(OH)(PO4)3 and sodium carbonate NaHCO3 from a chemist shop and use it for teethbrush...
  19. rippe

Hi Hip can you explain which of these is the right one?: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dicalcium_phosphate https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tricalcium_phosphate https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monocalcium_phosphate
  20. rippe

My Current Constipation Regimen

do you take some Retinol too? I read somewhere that retinol aids the kidneys to not loose potassium. but I have to still research this. for me just one year with 4000 IU per day was enough to become very high in hormone D and calcium and thereby very low in retinol and potassium, which resulted...
  21. rippe

My Current Constipation Regimen

haven't you tried potassium? as far as I know constipation is often because of potassium deficiency. I mean magnesium does help but it's not the cause. do you take much vitamin D? I once became very low in potassium from high calcium.
  22. rippe

Pyroluria with low copper?

Exactly. Morley talks a lot about ACTH in this case. But there is nothing solid I know about this.
  23. rippe

Pyroluria with low copper?

Hi, just posted this in another thread: minute 48 he tells about copper and pyroluria
  24. rippe

signs of a low copper deficiency?

at about 48 minutes into this interview Morley Robbins tells about the interrelation between copper and pyroluria… I would try retinol (cod liver oil) as he sometimes recommends to increase ceruloplasmin. .
  25. rippe

Cannot Sleep Without Raw Beef: But Why?

Maybe you find some interesting answers to your question in the rawpaleodietforum.com or you might look into what Aajonus Vonderplanitz said about his primal diet. It's quite interesting and more than just empty claims… To be honest, raw meat, raw milk, raw bone marrow and raw liver (frozen...
  26. rippe

Tetrahydrobiopterin (BH4) deficiency in CFS and the connection to folate metabolism

Hi! don't know if somebody already asked: (maybe a stupid question): can large daily doses of Adenosylcobalamin cause BH4 deficiency? about 3-4000 mcg.
  27. rippe

Declining NAD+ Induces a Pseudohypoxic State Disrupting Nuclear-Mitochondrial Communication...

Hi, maybe it is important to look where all the NADH : NAD+ ratio is actually coming from? Yes it comes from Complex I but as far as I know Complex IV is supposed to regenerate NAD+ by using oxygen. So it would be important to look at Complex IV which needs sufficient copper! I mention this...
  28. rippe

Possible use of repeated cold stress for reducing fatigue in chronic fatigue syndrome

Hey now I've heard there is this uncoupling Proteine UCP1(?) in brown fat which shuts down Phosphorylation in Complex 5 in order to use the proton gradient to make heat instead of ATP. It is therefore that newborns don't freeze when they can't yet shiver and they have a lot of brown fat. This is...