• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Khal

Flu like symptoms - medication side effect or new symptoms?

Indeed, it would be great if it was just the medication! Yeah that's a good idea as well to give it a bit longer, especially given the half life and mechanism of action of fluoxetine. Thanks, I will post back if and when I find any specific cause for the current symptoms.
  2. Khal

Thanks. I think that is the best way forward and only way to find out for certain, like you say. I will come off for maybe a month and see what happens to the symptoms over that time.
  3. Khal

Thanks for the reply! Yeah these symptoms seems to be quite common for m.e/cfs. At first I did assume it was flare up in symptoms rather than the medication; but the fact that rest from both physical and mental activities hasn't helped was making me wonder whether something else was causing the...
  4. Khal

So I've been taking prozac (fluoxetine) 10 mg for just over two months. From about 4 weeks in I've been getting quite bad flu type feelings - muscle aches, swimming head and weakness. Also I have been sleeping more and just generally feeling like I've got the flu (even though I'm sure I...