• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Vertical ridges on fingernails

That's a bit strange, they really aren't a cause for concern, I have really noticeable vertical ridges and no doctor has ever made a stink about them. Reminds me of the "testing for histamine by use of niacin" though, I've had doctors scare me into thinking something completely normal...
  2. S

I hope you find out what's causing it. Unfortunately my expertise ceases at what it looks like, under law I'm even allowed to put band aids on people. I know when to suggest to someone to visit a doctor as certain conditions mean I can't work on people. I'm not a full expert just know that...
  3. S

Vertical ridges are no cause for concern....... only horizontal lines pose problems. (Licensed cosmetologist, and yes I studied nails, hair and skin) Vertical ridges = nothing to worry about, if they bother you periodically file the nail down to get rid of them, Sally Hansen makes a great...
  4. S

Potassium burns

I know if your so low on potassium and you need IV intervention they have to do it extremely slowly cause potassium burns really badly. Perhaps food sources would be a good way to get it. I was drinking "weight-loss shakes" as a multi vitamin cause vitamin E causes a horrible stomach ache even...
  5. S

High dose magnesium CAUSING migraine/headaches

Most migraines are caused by vasodlation, that's why imitrex (vasoconstrictor) was created, then there's the rare kind of migraines where it's caused by vasoconstriction (the kind I get or use to get , I had one doctor a GP piece it together , the five neurologists I saw and the four other...
  6. S

Premier b12 liquid anyone try it?

I came across a b12 made by premier research and I was curious is anyone has tried it, ots liquid form, small dose of only 479mcg. Once I need to get a new b12 I think I might try this. It has both mb12 and Adb12 I believe and in organic alcohol not many additives but cultured with probiotics I...
  7. S

Mb12/methylfolate and extreme fatigue

I lowered the pine bark extract, actually took it and Arginine out for the time being. Also found out that either vitamin A and/or vitamin E (gamma complex) makes me extremely nauseous (with a full stomach) I took both today separate from a multi as multi vitamins did the same thing. I'll...
  8. S

Response to Nicotinic Acid as an indicator of methylation status

Your logic is flawed..... really it is. Niacin does not in anyway shape or form increase histamine, decrease it, or any of that. what it does do is cause a release of prostaglandins (pgd2 I believe) which is what causes the flush, Now why might someone who thinks they have low histamine flush...
  9. S

Niacin - Why am I not flushing??

This is an old post, but this niacin flush test is wrong. Niacin can not tell you what your histamine levels are. The flush is produced by prostaglandins (sp) not histamine, it doesn't even release histamine, but it does release serotonin from mast cells and pgd2 (I apologize if my...
  10. S

I'm going to assume, this requires just breathing through your nose.( I'm going to look into it) I already do that, it increases the amount of time I can exercise for, if I even attempt the mouth/ nose breathing I'm out quicker , my 3 minute high cardio is through strict nose breathing...
  11. S

Yes I do, they've all helped me in different ways. I take lyseine because Arginine depletes lyseine, so I do a 1:1 ratio lyseine in the morning Arginine at night. Vitamin C I take in the morning and afternoon, grape seed I'm transferring out of in replace of pine bark extract(I was too cheap...
  12. S

I read about b2(I think it was your post too) that's the one I forgot to order but a trip to a vitamin store can fix that. I did pick up b5 as I do badly with even minimal doses of biotin and I read b5 competes with biotin so I'm hoping it'll help. Biotin is not my friend I get no benefits from...
  13. S

Thank you @whodathunkit , I seem to be doing up and down, the first 500mcg of mb12 I took gave me instant energy to the point of being jittery, I also found out my tolerance to caffeine is non existent now, before I could drink coffee all day long right up until bed without any problems now it's...
  14. S

Here's what I'm taking, daily totals Jarrows 500mcg (2mg total) Solgar folate 800mcg (up to 2400mcg) Vitamin C up to 3g daily Vitamin d3 up to 4000iu (I completely avoid the sun, when I do go out I'm covered in sunscreen/long sleeve shirts/wide brim hat) Pine bark extract 150mg Grape seed...
  15. S

Southern california doctors

Looking for a doctor in southern California who will take my symptoms seriously. All doctors so far just want to put me on ssris until they find one that works. I do not do well on ssri but they insist it will help . I know better cause I've been on so many all with the same reaction of...
  16. S

Finger pads are wrinkly at times

I'll add it went away after I stopped consuming excessive water if I drink more then four 8 ozs cups a day it comes back it's an odd phenomenon, should add too much water makes me nauseous to the point I throw up
  17. S

Finger pads are wrinkly at times

I had this for months, my family thought it was weird and maybe a form of raynauds. My fingertips were wrinkly (like just got out of the bath finished washing dishes wrinkly) all the time. It was summer and my water intake was more excessive cause a/c was out. If I took a shower the wrinkling...
  18. S

What do you guys mean by Alcohol intolerance please?

I know this is older but I can drink spirits fine, in moderation, no hangover but need to replenish electrolytes badly next day physically I'm fine..... wine especially red wine I'm allergic too, my mom and sister have it too they can't drink wine. It causes headaches, muscle pain/spasms...
  19. S

Narcotic (Opioid) Pain Medications Relieve Some of my Neurological ME/CFS Symptoms

I've noticed I skip long posts, it's not an entirely important post, but I will try to remember shorter is better. :)
  20. S

My perception of PEM - is this unusual?

I get this thing described as exercised induced asthma, I can not run or do any high cardio, 2 minutes in and I'm fighting for air, my body turns bright red and it takes me hours to recover, the next couple days afterwards I can't function. Household chores get ignored cause all I can do is...
  21. S

Narcotic (Opioid) Pain Medications Relieve Some of my Neurological ME/CFS Symptoms

Has anyone looked into bacopa, I can't find much on it but it's theorized that they attach to opioid receptors... I've been taking it and thought it's not quite the effect of opiates but I do feel a slight difference energy wise