• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. R

Insomnia and hydrocortisone. Anyone have positive results?

since there's been more discussion since i last posted in this thread i wanted to make a followup comment. while cortisol supplementation can make you feel better, ideally you'd fix whatever's going on that causes the imbalance in the first place. long term supplementation can also suppress...
  2. R

So do you take mass-produced 5 mg pills? If so, can you tell me more, like the brand or if there's anything special required to get them? As you can tell, I've been under the impression that such a product isn't available and that compounding is required.
  3. R

Are you talking about different doses of hydrocortisone, or just speaking about brand vs generics in a general sense of medications? Since I'm taking a 5 mg pill each day, just a big enough dose to get me up to normal levels (bioidentical hormone replacement, or something like that they call it)...
  4. R

It's hard to quantify how much improvement I saw after I started taking hydrocortisone, but it was a lot. Not only do I have an easier time sleeping overall but I also feel a lot less crappy when I get too little sleep, and my energy is better overall. Before taking hydrocortisone, when I got...
  5. R

I had a similar cortisol profile. Too low morning and midday, and then normal in the afternoon and at night, so there wasn't enough of a drop from early day to late day to help me transition in and out of sleep. I starting taking hydrocortisone at 5 mg/day and it definitely helped my insomnia...