• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

Dr. Peterson Talks! On Ampligen, Autoimmunity, Pathogens and His New Partnership

Great article, Cort -- thank you. I'm curious about the Chimerix trial. Haven't heard anything about it in months. Is that still going to happen?
  2. B

HELP!--advice wanted regarding TEETH & GUMS

Hi Dreambirdie, I've got to have some dental work done soon, and although I have never had a bad reaction to dental products, it is my worst fear that I will. I have MCS and I've had many reactions like you're describing to other things. My sensitivities have gotten much worse in the last...
  3. B

Dental Issues

Hi Laural, I didn't have many dental problems until I got CFS either, and like you, I have a very dry mouth at times. I don't know of any published data that correlates dental problems with CFS, but I have read that a dry mouth allows bacteria to proliferate. I think I have also read that...
  4. B

NIH CFS Steering Committee Wants Your Input!

1. Subgroups and biomarkers are paramount. 2. I would love to see Dr. Montoya present some of his research. And, of course, Dr. Bateman is always a hit in my book.