• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Summer

Autism Boom Began in 1988

1987 "Based on good epidemiology, CFS affects 1% of the population. The number of disability claims based on CFS has climbed 500% from 1989-1993. If year of onset is graphed from 1983 to present, the highest number of cases are seen to have started in 1987. It is unclear what etiologic factor...
  2. Summer

Is Anyone Micro-dosing Anti-Depressants?

Bless your heart. (HUGS) You may not tolerate any amount of it. I do understand. I tolerate Doxepin, but I don't tolerate some homeopathic remedies, much less even small doses of some things. Wish I knew how you should proceed, but I will keep you in my prayers.
  3. Summer

Dr. Judy Mikovits IACFS/ME Newsletter Apr 2010 Q & A

From the beginning they have said that only 10% have the predisposition to be infected. 90% will be exposed but clear the virus. It's in the media links very early articles. Dan Peterson may have been the source of that. It's been awhile.
  4. Summer

Six strains of XMRV so far!

WPI on CAV Gerwyn, I snipped out most of your post. Here is what WPI posted about CAV: Gerwyn, I have the patent on her virus in PDF form. PM me if you would like me to email it to you. Summer
  5. Summer

Judy Mikovits will be at the NJCFSA Conference Oct 17, 2010

WhoooooHoooo that's great !!! :victory:
  6. Summer

Pfizer Ordered To Pay Up Over 'AIDS-Like' Virus Infections

Hi Islandfinn, I always lurk, but I have not really felt up to posting since a crash several months ago. You and so many others are doing a great job scooping the news. :Sign Good Job:
  7. Summer

Pfizer Ordered To Pay Up Over 'AIDS-Like' Virus Infections

Pfizer Ordered To Pay Up Over 'AIDS-Like' Virus Infections In what is being hailed as a major victory for workers in the biotech and nanotech fields, a former scientist with pharmaceutical firm Pfizer has been awarded $1.37 million for being fired after raising the alarm over researchers being...
  8. Summer

HIV Can Hide in Bone Marrow

History of ME / CFS
  9. Summer

Stem cells: home of HIV? Stem cells: home of HIV? Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) can infect bone marrow cells -- including, possibly, hematopoietic stem cells, according to a study published online today (March 7) in Nature. The findings suggest the virus can hide in an inactive state...
  10. Summer

U-M scientists identify reservoirs where HIV-infected cells can lie in wait Targeting these reservoirs of latent cells may open door to new treatments University of Michigan scientists have identified a new reservoir for hidden HIV-infected cells that can serve as a factory for new...
  11. Summer

Transcription of Judy Mikovits Prohealth Lecture Part V Transcribed by Garcia
  12. Summer

A Doctor, a Mutation and a Potential Cure for AIDS A Bone Marrow Transplant to Treat a Leukemia Patient Also Gives Him Virus-Resistant Cells
  13. Summer

Researchers: AIDS virus can hide in bone marrow WASHINGTON The virus that causes AIDS can hide in the bone marrow, avoiding drugs and later awakening to cause illness, according to new research that could point the way toward better treatments for the disease. Finding that hide-out is a...
  14. Summer

WPI ethics...

I second that!
  15. Summer

Hillary Johnson GONE?

WPI Facebook just posted a statement by Hillary Johnson about the UK studies. I love this part: "This is not a tennis match; it is not a ping pong tournament. Not all scientific inquries are equal, nor all all scientists." So glad to see something from Hillary!
  16. Summer

Aids: is the end in sight?

Aids: is the end in sight? "Testing everyone at risk of HIV and treating them with anti-retroviral drugs could eradicate the global epidemic within 40 years, according to the scientist at the centre of a radical new approach to fighting Aids. An aggressive programme of prescribing...
  17. Summer

Peptide T for XMRV

Ouch. $79/mg in USA.
  18. Summer

Free Mikovits web talk from Cheney Clinic/Wednesday Feb. 10th! 1:00 EST

Ah, that was what I was wondering, if that explained Cig toxin!
  19. Summer

Gilbert's Syndrome

My husband has it. They said it was inherited but was a benign condition.
  20. Summer

Mother and son XMRV positive by culture- rest of family Negative! - Personal story

Genetic Predisposition to become infected Virus Tied To Chronic Fatigue Syndrome I cannot find a link, but only 10% of the population is vulnerable, so 90% can never become infected, unlike HIV where anyone with opportunity can become infected. Dr. Judy discussed this and it can also...
  21. Summer

Curcumin and HPA Axis Dysfunction

Hi Sushi, I too have took curcuimin, in the form of Boswellin from NOW foods,for many years, and it helps with inflammation and globally. It's subtle, but I don't do nearly as well if I leave it off. I take 2 caps/3x daily and I am a sensitive person, but I do well with this supplement and...
  22. Summer

Help with replacement of clonazepam for neurotoxicity. URGENT

This organization is having great success with taper and supplements that virtually eliminate withdrawal from getting off of a myraid of drugs, including the benzos. They have a free e-book online: The Road Back I have followed their work, because it is fascinating, for many years, and...
  23. Summer

Scientists say crack HIV/AIDS puzzle for drugs

Study solves puzzle that eluded scientists for 20 years Scientists say they have solved a crucial puzzle about the AIDS virus after 20 years of research and that their findings could lead to better treatments for HIV. British and U.S. researchers said they had grown a crystal that enabled...
  24. Summer

Dr. Mikovits of the WPI to Host Live Q&A Session Regarding XMRV 22nd Jan

We have 670+ viewers so far. Annette speaking but about to give over to Dr. Mikovits.
  25. Summer

Dementia in ME/CFS

Dr. Bell Newsletter on our Cognitive Issues/Research CEREBRAL ATROPHY Feel fortunate if you are not progressive, but some of us are, and some of us will not regain the death of tissue in our brains and muscles because it indeed is dead.
  26. Summer

Dating...

Dating Site for Singles with Health Conditions Dating Site for Singles with Health Conditions Contact information: Ricky Durham Phone: 770-934-0385 Cell: 205-746-3618 Email: Ricky@Prescription4Love.com Website: http://www.Prescription4Love.com
  27. Summer

XMRV Positive? What are your symptoms/medical history?

I am XMRV+ and I think I can make this short and sweet. I have most of the symptoms on this list plus some: CFS Symptom List And from a post today from someone listening to Dr. Bateman's webinar, this fits me to a "T": Retroviruses cause: weakness wasting ataxia (imbalanced gait...
  28. Summer

Autistic Child Tests Positive for XMRV

Child is staring treatment Partial from blog:
  29. Summer

Media Links - no discussion

Reno Researchers Dispute British Study Reno researchers dispute British challenge to virus discovery
  30. Summer

Imperial College XMRV Study - Media Response

Reno Researchers Dispute British Study Reno researchers dispute British challenge to virus discovery