• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. N

Thyroid Function...Labs May Lie

I realize this is an old post, but your T4 results caught my attention as I was searching through the forum. My T4 was 21 pmol/L 4 years ago, then it's steadily declined to 14 pmol/L now, along with a morning cortisol of 320 nmol/L; evening is 110 nmol/L. I'm curious what your recent values are...
  2. N

ME/CFS and HIGH blood pressure

Do you have the hyperadrenergic kind of POTS? I don't know what meds would do to me as my resting BP and HR is already marginally low at 90-100/60 and 50-55 bpm.
  3. N

Anyone Know Their VO2Max?

It is critical to mention that I only did the test once. This is not a 2-day CPET. I too found my results to be odd as. I've been highly active with running, dancing, skateboarding, and tumbling all my life. Also, my father was extremely physically active well into his 70's. Anyway, I checked an...
  4. N

Getting back into exercise (Running)

I'm contemplating buying this pulse monitor. Does the Vivosmart have an alarm function that buzzes when you're above your AT?
  5. N

isolated diastolic hypertension

How's your experience with Ritux been so far? I have the same ortostatic hypertension as you. I often end up around >100 when standing. Did you get bp medication for your OI?
  6. N

Which medication are you currently on for ortostatic hypertension? My main concern is OI with diastolic pressure being >100 when upright in addition to POTS.
  7. N

I don't recall waking up notably much recently. Could sleep apnea be present without one noticing?
  8. N

Anyone Know Their VO2Max?

I did a VO2max + lactate test the other day hoping to get a clue what my AT was. Both tests were conducted while walking and jogging on a threadmill. I suspect my lactate level reached 4 mmol/L long before 4 minutes had passed. Results: VO2max (couldn't reach it due to dizziness) at 07:30: 46.8...
  9. N

How did you find out about your sleep apnea? I sleep lightly and wake up easily. However, magnesium seems to help me sleep soundly. Can't remember waking up the past couple of days.
  10. N

My BP is almost always around 130-140/110-120 when I'm standing and pulse is between 85-110 bpm. I too feel better on alcohol, but when I measure my BP it's no different. Could it be we're just numbing our senses? My resting (supine) values are 93/63 57 by the way.
  11. N

High blood pressure with me/cfs?

Do you have POTS or is your hypertension almost always present? Doctors like what you describe makes me dread going to have any symptom checked.
  12. N

High blood pressure with me/cfs?

I went to the ER because I was concerned about my blood pressure which had been rising the past couple of days along with headache. My numbers were around 168/136, and I have POTS in addition. Of course this change only happens when I'm standing, and it's worse in the mornings. The ER doctor...
  13. N

Listening to loud emotional music through headphones makes me crash

I seem to tolerate going to a club every now and then if I numb my system with alcohol. I only do this if I've been feeling okay lately or if I'm already high from adrenaline. This is very weird to me. On most days I prefer a quiet athmosphere though.
  14. N

My poor man's tilt table results

I went for a slow but long walk yesterday, probably 1,5 km. My results when stopping for coffee: 147/110 106. Pulse pressure 37, or 25% of systolic pressure. I guess I'm okay, but I get these subtle yet noticeable sensations of feeling warped in the brain or something. Looking at my phone while...
  15. N

Yes, exactly. I used to get this a lot when I used to lift weights before. The redness subsides after lying down for awhile. My eyes get red even from just walking around outside. I believe this problem started when I was on accutane (isotretinoin) in 2006/2007, but it's been getting worse. I...
  16. N

My eyes turn red after sitting or standing for sometime. Could this be due to reduced blodflow to the head?
  17. N

I'm going to ask my GP for a referral to a cardiologist and have the tilt table test. Yesterday was an awful day. My pulse pressure was 15% (of the systolic pressure) at one point, and I'd only been walking around in my kitchen for a couple of minutes. 140/118 BP 87 HR My resting values around...
  18. N

Thank you. I'm going to keep logging my values along with my symptoms and bring them to my next doctor's appointment. My symptoms seem to get worse immediately after eating and then a couple of hours after. Is this due to increased blood flow to the digestive system?
  19. N

I forgot that my measuring device saved all the data. I edited the post.
  20. N

I didn't note the BP numbers this time, but the last time I did this test I started at 117/63 (60) and ended at 142/119 (132) at 15 minutes.
  21. N

My range of fatigue symptoms and pain seem to vary a lot over the course of weeks or days. Although I've been struggling with dizziness and headaches ever since I caught a viral infection 2,5 years ago, I've taken the habit of blaming it on my blood sugar, gluten or caffeine intake. After...