• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. N

Chronic Microglial Activation in ME/CFS, And Its Possible Treatment Using Microglial Inhibitors

I've been looking for drugs that specifically inhibit astrocyte induced pro inflammatory cytokines/inos release as kind of an adjunct to maybe taking a neuroglia inhbition approach and hoping that helps over time. Its hard to imagine those two aren't directly involved in the fatigue. I figured...
  2. N

Thundergod Vine

Really interesting what you say about chantix, I was just reading nicotine can downregulate some cytokine activity through the acetylcholine pathways. Has it reduced your CFS fatigue or been a stimulant?
  3. N

My Full Recovery By TCM + TCM issues Q&A

@wintersky, do you know any Rehmannia or Rehammnia 6 that's sold online that is cooked before its packaged. This looks pretty decent: http://www.dragonherbs.com/prodinfo.asp?number=326 but I have no way knowing what I get. Or could I go for a pure formulas alcohol mix...
  4. N

Baicalin - sleep, antiviral, neuropathic pain but dependence?

Yeah the Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioners (skullcap is from china originally), like their herbs to be given in groupings, idk if I buy into that, althought there may be some truth that groups are synergistic. Glad to hear its not addictive.
  5. N

I have been looking into taking these both as well. I'm personally gonna try them daily, I'm not super worried about it. Do you feel "so fucking good" as in less CFS symptoms or as in "high"?
  6. N

Two constitutes of Skullcap are Gaba - A agonists, one constitute is Gaba-A allosteric modifier about half as strong as a benzo. Is addictive and dangerous in the long term? Baicalin, don't confuse with the other constitue Bacaelin, isn't as strong according to examine.com I wouldn't be overly...
  7. N

Chronic Microglial Activation in ME/CFS, And Its Possible Treatment Using Microglial Inhibitors

Hip, Thanks for this list, with the citations as well. Just an fyi, a lot of the things you took are vasodilators, especially the ones that you took in higher doses (skullcap, resihi in particular, hgw, ginseng). I tend to feel worse the day after taking a vasodilator but not notice it the day I...