• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. T

Dopamine beta hydroxylase testing - OAT vs. Regular test

Hi, Any updates? I just came across this thread. What treatments are available for Dopamine Beta Hydroxylase issues? I know zinc prevents the conversion to NE and copper encourages it but I'm hesitant to take high dose zinc for the rest of my days.
  2. T

Minerals Make Me Incredibly Sore

@prioris Thanks for that. I was unaware of the connection. A high quality multi or b complex with minerals on the side completely solves the problem. They're just too overstimulating even at the mildest of doses. I believe the root cause is histamine related so I'm pursuing Walsh's...
  3. T

Hmm. @prioris The problem does go away when I take a high quality B-Complex, L-Carnitine Fumarate and anything else that helps produce energy. Unfortunately, I find both of those too stimulating. I'll give Creatine a shot though.
  4. T

Interesting. I would guess that you would have a lessened or no response if you're having absorption issues though, right?
  5. T

Hi all, Does anyone have any idea why minerals, especially magnesium and zinc, make me incredibly sore? It's the same lactic acid feeling after an intense workout or exercise. It's noticeable in all muscles but shoulders in particular. Moving my arms becomes incredibly difficult and painful...
  6. T

MAO-A/COMT Issues

Ahh! Gotcha! Thank you much. I will continue to support it (already have had good success with B2) with the knowledge that they perform roughly the same but additional support may still be beneficial.
  7. T

MAO-A/COMT Issues

@alicec One more question if you don't mind. Back to the MAO-A topic. I'm clearly missing something but even if the variant and wild type genes produce the same protein and function the same, does that rule out supporting the gene completely? Given that MAO Inhibitors even exist would suggest...
  8. T

MAO-A/COMT Issues

Perfect. Thank you. While I was always skeptical about the idea of it (seemed too good to be true), I certainly didn't and don't understand the technicalities so it's good to read information from people who have a much better idea. I've been tested before and was borderline but fit many of the...
  9. T

MAO-A/COMT Issues

@alicec Any comments on pyroluria? I've tried various dosages and forms of Zinc and P5P with mostly overstimulating and panic type responses.
  10. T

Advice needed, please help me interpret my genetic results. Thanks. (Methylation)

Hey! Many of the same symptoms. How are you doing now?
  11. T

MAO-A/COMT Issues

Well thank you both nonetheless.
  12. T

MAO-A/COMT Issues

@alicec Thank you so much for this information. Based on my description of symptoms above, do you have any idea what the root cause of my issues could be?
  13. T

MAO-A/COMT Issues

@caledonia Thank you as always for a thorough reply. I will absolutely check his book out. I've actually done close to 50 rounds of ALA chelation with supports via Cutler's protocol with no real change. I'm not sure on the reliability of the hair test (Doctor's Data) but had very low readings...
  14. T

MAO-A/COMT Issues

Hi all, Not sure if I'm posting this in the right forum given that just about everything overlaps but here goes. I've posted on and mostly focused on methylation with some success. My SNP's are in my signature. After seemingly never-ending research, I've come to the conclusion that my main...
  15. T

"Introverted Anger" and MAO Genes

Any progress with anyone here? I have almost identical issues to ChangeExpert.
  16. T

Intolerance To Multi-Vitamin/Mineral - Fight Or Flight Reaction

@Wishful @jstash hahah I love the enthusiasm. The main reason I had interest in heavy metals is because many of my problems are psychological disorders all starting at a very young age including extreme suicidal tendencies, general depression, extreme anxiety and panic (especially in social...
  17. T

Salt Water Flush - Bacteria

Does anyone know if there are any studies confirming that "salt water flushes" actually destroy bacteria (of any kind)? They help me dramatically with just about every issue and I'm trying to confirm why. This is the only related study I was even able to find...
  18. T

Thank you so much. I'll get started with NutrEval and look for a good practitioner for chelation. Any sources for finding a good doctor for chelation specifically?
  19. T

So helpful! @Learner1 I do have the accumulation of a variety of heavy metals according to my Doctor's Data hair analysis. Money is a bit of an issue right now so would you recommend safe chelation (ALA via Cutler's protocol, DMSA, EDTA and NAC) until I'm able to complete the NutrEval test...
  20. T

Thank you all for the quick responses. @ukxmrv B6 definitely does push me towards fight or flight but the doses in the multi seem very reasonable for the most part. Do you think there's a reason we are so sensitive to B6 (potentially)? @Eastman I've taken: Pure Encapsulations - Nutrient 950...
  21. T

Hi all, Any reason why even very low-dose, high-quality multi-vitamins send me into fight or flight mode? I've tried a wide variety of brands and forms. I take low dose sublingual mb12 alongside. The multi literally solves all of my problems. The only downside to the multi is the fight or...
  22. T

Meat/Protein Issues

No breakthroughs with NeuroProtek. Olive oil actually helps quite a bit with creating and/or releasing DAO so I take a swig of that before most meals. Given that most of the meat/protein I eat is not fresh, and therefore is assumed to be high in histamine, it seems to help a good bit. It may...
  23. T

Free Copper Calculation

Wow. Fairly disheartening. Do you know of anyone who has had success with balancing Cu/Zn ratios? It seems most of what I read are stories of extreme struggle without much success.
  24. T

Meat/Protein Issues

@Ryan88 Will do. What symptoms do you have to make you think you have MCAD?
  25. T

Meat/Protein Issues

@Ryan88 @Timaca This seems like a simple explanation and is most likely the underlying reason yet it somehow slipped my mind - https://healinghistamine.com/wondering-why-you-react-to-everything-you-eat/. This would especially explain the protein/meat difficulties given that it takes (I'm...
  26. T

Vitamin C Destroying Methylcobalamin

Thank you so much! Also, any idea why taking even medium dose vitamin c (<= 1 g/day) causes me to have extreme soreness (similar to what lactic acid buildup/post-exercise feels like)? Could this be c's ability to assist with chelation?
  27. T

Vitamin C Destroying Methylcobalamin

Anyone have any idea how much vitamin c is acceptable to take without destroying too much methylb12? I find vitamin c to be the most potent anti-histamine yet.
  28. T

Free Copper Calculation

Sorry for forgetting the units. I was being lazy and copy and pasted from a document I had saved. Here's a much clearer post. Here's the link where I found the instructions to theoretically calculate free copper...
  29. T

Free Copper Calculation

Thanks for the response. Obviously that high of a percentage would be indicative of needing to take action, correct?