• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. T

Overmethylating but need supplements

No problem! Actually I tried taurine today, but it turned out I cannot tolerate it, just as other sulphur containing supplements... Hopefully supplementing molybdenum helps me both to create taurine and be able to supplement taurine. I remember that you mentioned somewhere that black walnut...
  2. T

Great news, thanks! Funny thing is that I already bought taurine 2 months ago, but waited until I do amino acid test. I'm going to definitely try it out. How much taurine do you take? I checked on wikipedia and it seems that you need 3 things to properly synthesize taurine in your body: vitamin...
  3. T

It's great to hear you're getting better! Working out is one of the things I miss the most. Did taurine help with your general symptoms or elevated temperature specifically? I did blood amino acids test and I'm still waiting for the results. I also remember that you mentioned somewhere that...
  4. T

Hey, how are you doing? That raise in temperature is something I have as well. Actually, it's my main symptom. I went into methylation with mfolate and mb12 hoping to get rid of it, but it seems that it only made it worse... Now I'm trying niacinamide to stop it. What's weird is that my temp is...
  5. T

Poll on Immunoglobulin antibodies - Please respond if you've been tested!

All immunoglobulins normal, apart from IgE which is high - 600
  6. T

Elevated IgE

I have IgE of about 600. It used to around 1000-1200, but it almost halved after course of Quensyl. I still believe that IgE is in the root of my illness (low grade fevers).
  7. T

Is there a SNP that explains T4 increasing Histamine levels?

Hey, I was wondering if you managed to lower somehow your SHBG? Mine is also high, about 60, the norm being below 50. I have some similarities with you: MCAD, molybdenum deficient, histamine intolerance...
  8. T

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Thanks for the insight! I tested zinc with copper last time (taken about 3-4 weeks ago) and it was fine, exactly in the middle of range, but now that you say it, I'm going to repeat zinc, copper and blood morphology in 2 weeks. I started taking 30mg/day zinc 4 days ago. I hope it will put copper...
  9. T

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Thanks for your replies. I just received late lab results taken 3 weeks ago saying I'm just at the verge of being copper deficient. Now I'm supplementing with 5mg copper daily and I'm going to test it again in 2-3 weeks.
  10. T

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hey guys, I think I have a clinically proved b12 and mfolate refeeding syndrome, maybe you'll find this interesting: When I first started taking mb12 and mfolate, I was on verge of being deficient in Bs (blood b12 around 240 and folic acid at 6), I also had mild leukocytopenia, neutropenia...
  11. T

Arginine and Viruses

Hey, I just found another article on arginine and its antiviral properties: "We investigated the effects of arginine on the multiplication of herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1) and the potential of arginine as an antiherpetic agent. Arginine suppressed the growth of HSV-1...
  12. T

Transition season, histamine and detox

Hey, I know it's a old thread, but maybe it can revive. For a couple of years the transition season was crucial for my illness - I got low grade fever every beginning of spring (April), which would at the beginng of fall (September). I don't have any allergy and I think it was a matter of...
  13. T

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi, I'd just like to ask if it's a good idea to follow the mb12 protocol in my case. My main issue is everyday (without an exception) low grade fever for 5 last years. The earlier 5 years I also had it, but only in spring and summer. I feel tired, hot, brain fogged and have chills. Low grade...
  14. T

Chronic low grade fever as MCAD only symptom? Spring-summer exacerbations

Low grade fevers are main symptom and they are surprisingly very bothersome. This sun connection isn't that obvious in my case, because I don't react immediately and when I only had low grade fever in spring and summer I used to have risen temperature even when I stayed at home for more than a...
  15. T

C3 and C4 complement levels in MCAD?

Thanks for the answer! It looks like complement levels won't be a clue for my diagnosis.
  16. T

C3 and C4 complement levels in MCAD?

Hi! Docs are trying to decide if my issue is MCAD or some connective tissue disease (or something else...) and say that C3 and C4 should be low in the latter and probably normal in MCAD, but they don't seem sure. My C3 and C4 are exactly between normal and low now, they used to be normal but on...
  17. T

Anyone have Low Complement c4

I have C3 and C4 inbetween normal and low... what are your diagnosis/symptoms? Docs are trying to decide if my issue is MCAD or some connective tissue disease and say that it should be low in the latter and probably normal in MCAD, but don't seem sure...
  18. T

Has anyone taken Ketotifen for MCAS?

Hey! Normal dose did nothing form, but when I take 4mg Ketotifen a day, so a double dose, I feel better - my low grade fever drops a bit (but not enough...). I'm not sure what's my diagnosis, here's my case if you're interested...
  19. T

Chronic low grade fever as MCAD only symptom? Spring-summer exacerbations

Hi guys! I'd like to share with you me story to see if anyone has maybe had similar experiences or can give some advice. Basically my main symptom is constant low grade fever (I feel hot, tired and sick) which I've had for 10 years. I'm not extremely tired as in CFS, I associate it only with...