• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Reduced By Probiotic Bacteria Sepsis Risk (and more) For Newborns

Thank you for all this information. I'm not medically trained, nor am I good with social media, but I do follow all these threads. They are so helpful. I would like to say that I have taken probiotics for about 4 years now and doubled up on my dose after an episode of what has been called by...
  2. M

Sepsis: Everyone with a chronic health condition needs to be aware of the key symptoms

It's difficult to determine the difference between ME and Sepsis symptoms as we put all down to ME. Another symptom with Sepsis is severe dehydration, which I have always suffered from and must drink enough through out the day to stop it causing severe cramps in my legs. I have vascular...
  3. M

Is SIRS, CARS, MARS - and now PICS - causing the "CHAOS" in ME/CFS?

Paralee. Yes 30 years ago I was taken to mental health ward, but was already delirious. A Dr asked me if I would allow him to do blood tests but this was in a small 'cubby hole' off the corridor. I was too terrified to let him, so given ant psychotics and left to sleep. No further testing was...
  4. M

Sepsis: Everyone with a chronic health condition needs to be aware of the key symptoms

PS. Important to say that I do not get the symptoms of UTI but go into delirious state. Some symptoms are now becoming more apparent to me. My Tympanic Temp drops >36 degrees. 34.5 last time. I feel very unwell, flu type symptoms and always suffer diarrhoea. Very pale and looking/feeling like...
  5. M

Thank you Dr Shepherd for the information and recognition about Sepsis. I have had this condition since the birth of my youngest daughter, when I contracted a kidney infection. In a hot country and I was extremely cold and shivering uncontrollably. Consultant gave antibiotics straight away...
  6. M

Is SIRS, CARS, MARS - and now PICS - causing the "CHAOS" in ME/CFS?

As a person diagnosed with CFS over 10 years ago, my consultants in different specialities now believe I have had major episodes of sepsis. I have all the criteria of sepsis but never understood the difference between the 2 conditions. I have no medical background. Please could you advise me as...
  7. M

Prof Coyne's new blog Undisclosed conflicts of interest in a systematic review protocol of intervent

Yogi this has been happening for years. PACE was investigated 6 times I believe by White himself and connection to armed forces, remember Gulf War Syndrome? MS used to be known as Hysterical Paralysis not that many years ago. I hadn't heard about the MUS studies but SS Wessley has asked for...
  8. M

****** !!!!!!!! ****************!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Junior version of PACE funded PI Dr Crawley

Code of conduct is bound and gagged except to 'them'. -in code!
  9. M

****** !!!!!!!! ****************!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Junior version of PACE funded PI Dr Crawley

Dr Shepherd this is extremely worrying news about a new trial on children concocted by Esther Crawley. I know you will have plenty to say regarding it, but who will be harmed if it goes ahead. It must be highlighted in the public domain and stopped please. All the charities must combine...
  10. M

UK: No brains at The Sun: "yuppie flu" headlines are back

Just listened to the talk on lbc. Thank you again Dr Shepherd. Tried to contact them by phone and line goes dead then hangs up.This has happened before when trying to contact BBC to give response. Coincidence, faulty line ??
  11. M

UK: No brains at The Sun: "yuppie flu" headlines are back

Thank you Dr Shepherd for your response to the Sun and all you are doing to combat this disgraceful behaviour against ME sufferers.