• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. realturbo

Oral bacteria causing TH1 induction and reinfection of the gut?

I have found swishing with a cap-full of 50-50 mixture of 3% hydrogen peroxide and water for a few minutes after brushing my teeth to greatly help with gum health and tongue health. I suggested it to a friend who kept biting his tongue, he reported back the problem had been resolved, suggesting...
  2. realturbo

Loss of Motivation

Zinc supplementation might be another line of enquiry in the discussion of lack of motivation https://goo.gl/DH85fg
  3. realturbo

Has vitamin K-2 (mk-4 or mk7) helped you ?

I've just taken delivery of this D2/K2 combination. Each tablet contains Vitamin D3 5,000iu and Vitamin K2 (MK-7) 100mcg
  4. realturbo

Tolerable Antidepressants

@JES I take your point, my error in not being clear. When I said 'if one is able to', I was thinking of exercising within the limits of one's illness, without pushing past the body's limits as pointed out by @Alexandra90 Incidentally, I too did experience a temporary euphoria in the early...
  5. realturbo

Tolerable Antidepressants

If one is able to, I think any type of exercise (walking, running, jogging, cycling, swimming, gym, etc.) can really help if kept up over a sufficient period of time. I have personally benefited from cycling.
  6. realturbo

Have been searching to buy K2, got a bit of a shortlist https://goo.gl/qA16JD https://goo.gl/Vh6NkJ https://goo.gl/7Uvnpv https://goo.gl/ZDMp7N https://goo.gl/qeKCzx Any thoughts on selecting (or not) one of these appreciated
  7. realturbo

Many of the articles seem to support this, incuding thsi one (authoe of the book you mentioned) http://www.naturalmedicinejournal.com/journal/2015-10/choosing-right-vitamin-k2-menaquinone-4-vs-menaquinone-7 Maybe I shouldn't worry too much about the MK-4 bit...
  8. realturbo

I'm currently googling to see if I can find vitamin K with 200 mcg of MK-7 and possibly some K-4 as well
  9. realturbo

Thanks @Chocolove. Looking to order some myself. Edit: Just had a look at the Amazon UK site - this brand is amazingly expensive
  10. realturbo

Would be interested to know which brand of K2 you took.
  11. realturbo

Comment by 'realturbo' in 'Examples of my healing process'

I find gargling with a little 3% hydrogen peroxide very helpful for inflammation and pain in the gums and tooth area. I usually top up a quarter capful of h2o2 with water and swish vigorously around the mouth for a couple of minutes. If you do this before going to bed, don't rinse out your mouth...
  12. realturbo

Who can recommend a Magnesium form?

I have been buying this one
  13. realturbo

Am thinking of ordering this - provides 5,000 IU D3 (Cholecalciferol from Lanolin) and 90 mcg K2 (Menaquinone 7, MK-7 from Geraniol [Pine]). Any thoughts on wether this would be a good one to take gladly appreciated...
  14. realturbo

Sinusitis Misery: Mast Cell Madness???

This entry, 'Baby Shampoo Cured My Sinusitis' on a blog that I came across might be of interest...
  15. realturbo

Denied treatment in the UK need to leave my country again.

@Shawn, couldn't agree with you more - one's health is the foundation for everything else. Really sorry to hear of the terrible experience you have had. I am hoping this is an isolated occurence, most likely I'm being naive. Hope things start getting better for you soon.
  16. realturbo

Has anyone cured lifelong anxiety depression and ocd

@pumpkin I'm afraid I don't know enough to help you decide which one to go with. Perhaps just keep it simple and start off with either the glycine or NAC for about a month and see how it goes. For the glycine you could order 500g for around £10 and start off by taking 2-3g for a week or so and...
  17. realturbo

Has anyone cured lifelong anxiety depression and ocd

@pumpkin I posted a link on another thread about this this fascinating write up about the use of "High-Dose Glycine Treatment of Refractory Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder and Body Dysmorphic Disorder in a 5-Year Period." Treatment with glycine over 5 years led to robust reduction of OCD/BDD...
  18. realturbo

Sleep reversal advice

@SuzieSam I suppose the bone broth is a better (tastier?) way to get some glycine into your body if your not vegetarian. The powder form of glycine that I have taken is actually quite nice, and a couple of grams in a hot drink such as milk can add just the right amount of sweetness...
  19. realturbo

Sleep reversal advice

This study on using glycine may be of interest / relevant on this thread. "In human volunteers who have been continuously experiencing unsatisfactory sleep, effects of glycine ingestion (3 g) before bedtime on subjective sleep quality were investigated, and changes in polysomnography (PSG)...
  20. realturbo

Pain and fatigue.

@Fuzzyhead sorry to hear you're feeling shattered. A nice hot cup of lemon / ginger / mint tea with some honey or stevia while watching an episode of Dr Blake mystery might give some respite... Hope your enrgy levels pick up soon.
  21. realturbo

Mitochondrial and Energy Metabolism Dysfunction in ME/CFS — Myhill, Booth and McLaren-Howard Papers

This D-ribose seems like good value at 650g for £26.95 (includes delivery). At an initial daily dose of 5g, that's about 21p per day...
  22. realturbo

HIGH BP

@Jimbo39 my blood pressure has been high for many years, probably connected with my hypothroidism. Have tried various things such as magnesium, garlic and hawthorn with little success. Have not tried niacin. I think exercise over a prolonged period of time might be helping me the most. I'm...
  23. realturbo

Mitochondrial and Energy Metabolism Dysfunction in ME/CFS — Myhill, Booth and McLaren-Howard Papers

@Hip I'm amazed that you are able/willing to provide such detailed and clear responses - not sure how you do it, and how long it takes you to write up such comprehensive replies. I salute you for the effort and time you put into sharing your knowledge with others!
  24. realturbo

Completely eliminated my severe anxiety symptoms with three supplements!

Study finds anti-inflammatory effect of arthritis drug boosts effectiveness of antidepressant medication Previous studies have found that depression revs up the immune system, resulting in chronic inflammation. This inflammatory response affects the normal balance of chemical messengers in the...
  25. realturbo

Daily Migraines? Weird

@tdog333 I suspect you have already looked at this - could the migranes be connected with stomach / digestion issues such as gastric stasis? I have read reports where people have benefited from taking enemas. I also came across this article discussing B vitamins might help migraines.
  26. realturbo

The Lily Foundation website states mitochondrial disease is caused by the mitochondria in the cells not producing enough energy, sometimes being not very efficient, or by not working at all. "Every person with Mitochondrial Disease is affected differently. Each individual affected will have a...
  27. realturbo

Hip, amazing piece of work pulling together all the research. I might be able to read and understand a small fraction of it in a week! It's useful to be made aware of possible conflicts of interest that may have had the potential of impacting the research. Seems a perfectly reasonable position...
  28. realturbo

Sinusitis Misery: Mast Cell Madness???

@piccirilli, I've been using Pine Needle essential oil mixing it 50/50 with baby oil and applying it inside my nose, as well as putting 4-5 drops of the neat oil to the back of my throat. I think this has helped to clear my long-standing sinus congestion. Incidentally, I have recently been...
  29. realturbo

Amnesia

I wonder if carrying a notebook where you write your plan for the day might help you cope better until the memory sorts itself out. You'd have to remember to look at the notebook of course...