• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. arty0mk

Possible CFS success story. Got much better after 4-5 years. Here's what has helped.

Sound scary. I'll keep this information in mind. Thank you!
  2. arty0mk

Possible CFS success story. Got much better after 4-5 years. Here's what has helped.

@grapes thank you! I've been taking D-Ribose daily for over a year now, at 10-15 grams a day, and I see only benefits from it. However I guess that's individual. About the acids, well, out of the acids that take part in the Krebs cycle, citric, succinic, malic and tartaric are cheap and easy...
  3. arty0mk

Thank you @grapes for the detailed replies! Please let us know how this regimen will affect you.
  4. arty0mk

Thank you for your message! What protocol were you using for the copper detox and what method to detect copper excess? I had an off the charts copper on my hair mineral analysis test, by the way. Since I can't find a date on your article, how long has it been since you have written it? What...
  5. arty0mk

Yes, thank you. I've spent quite a bit of time on phoenixrising actually. DNA stuff didn't help me much to be honest.
  6. arty0mk

Now that I thought about it, the only values that were out of the norm on the blood test were: a little below normal haemoglobin, slightly elevated creatinine and sligthly above normal cholesterol (don't remember which). I attribute creatinine and cholesterol to me being on a paleo diet back...
  7. arty0mk

I've done the extended general blood work panel, or whatever it's called. Not sure I can find the results at this point, but a few thyroid hormones were there, some immune profile values too. Were all normal. I asked for a separate cortisol test, because I think that's what's causing my insomnia...
  8. arty0mk

At some point coincidences become evidence. Take from my story what you will.
  9. arty0mk

Experiences of other people should not be disregarded completely either. Many people got better by trying out what has worked for others. Studies and anecdotal evidence are two sides of a whole and both have their place. Anecdotal evidence is the basis for future research and discoveries. The...
  10. arty0mk

You are very, very wrong. I've been an admin of a large (20k+) raw food diet forum for over 6 years. In these 6 years I've encountered many cases of people curing complex diseases by radically changing their diet and/or way of life. Diseases like (off the top of my head): asthma, various...
  11. arty0mk

I'm not 100% sure, because the last 5 years are kinda blurry in my mind. I'll try to describe my experience with exercise. My post-exertional malaise was directly proportional to the amount and intensity of exercise. During it's worst time, anything more than walking or light activity would...
  12. arty0mk

Gondwanaland, thanks a lot for your post! I'll certainly look into that!
  13. arty0mk

You can yourself rule out most of the conditions and deficiencies that can be confused with CFS, having done some blood work and hair mineral analysis. It's not rocket science, it just takes more time, requires one to do a lot of reading and apply scientific method to oneself. That's not advice...
  14. arty0mk

Thank you! I totally understand your frustration. I do realize that I didn't have it nearly as hard as some of you. I think I should mention that I have tried hundreds of supplements that reportedly have helped others and dozens of combinations and protocols. The vast majority of them either...
  15. arty0mk

Did you know that in India you can officially get a PhD in Astrology? That is a PhD in telling people what their destiny is according to the position of stars during their birth. The cow in considered a holy animal in India, which has deep roots in Indian culture. Indian medical knowledge...
  16. arty0mk

Hope78, thank you! Hey SB_1108 and THANK YOU! This person gets it everyone. She gets it. :) Success stories have helped me immensely to get to where I am from a very bad place. Whether those stories were from certified CFS patients diagnosed by penta-certified doctors is irrelevant. They had...
  17. arty0mk

I expect people to read the actual post and not only the title, so I don't think there's a problem. Thanks for the feedback though.
  18. arty0mk

I don't say that I have CFS for sure. I think that I do, but that's what I think. I made it clear in the original post that it wasn't an official diagnosis. Let me draw an analogy to help you understand my point. A person is giving out free food. A particular food has an annotation beside it...
  19. arty0mk

I have been able to restart training gradually and currently train 2-3 times a week with high intensity, and apart from that I do some exercises at home and walk when it's not too cold outside. I try to do at least 30 minutes of any kind of physical activity daily apart from walking, even if...
  20. arty0mk

TL;DR: Went from about 20% of normal functioning to about 70-90% (100% being very healthy level of endurance and energy). Routines that helped: sleep, rest, gradual exercise, stretching, diet. Supplements that helped greatly: !!!St. John's Wort!!!, !D-ribose!, Melatonin, Phosphorylated Serine...