• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. LornaRaindrops

What tests should I request/8 wk sore throat

I don't have any advice other than support for you, I understand how horrible it is to have a sore throat regularly. Mines really sore at the moment and the glands around my neck are swollen and tender. It flares up like this for me when I've done too much and my body isn't doing too well with...
  2. LornaRaindrops

Central Sensitization Syndrome

I'm a bit late to this as I just found this thread and am new here, but yes. For me my nerve ending pains in my pelvic area (which gave me a diagnoses of vulvadynia) has been going on since I was 18 (I'm 27). The pain is constant, it never goes away and I also suffer all the other symptoms...
  3. LornaRaindrops

Protection from fumes while driving?

I haven't got an answer unfortunately, but I feel for you so much because I suffer the same thing. I don't try anymore as I can't ever put the gas into the car at the station and if I'm stuck behind something with bad fumes, it's awful. The only thing I can do when I'm a passenger is wrap a huge...
  4. LornaRaindrops

Hypermobility syndromes, including EDS - the overlap with ME/CFS

I have EDS too and have had it since I was born. My joins dislocate often, my skin is really fragile and stretchy, my joints are extremely bendy, my knees are not straight and when I visited the physio about correcting it all and doing exercises to help, again like someone said, it's strength...