• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

Something I learned today - What ® R-Symbol or stars ** or *** in vitamin/mineral ingredients mean

I contacted one company.. they said they don't produce the folate which was with R symbol... and albion minerals in their website say they only supply their stuff.. they didn't mention that somebody can put their R symbol if the other company manufactures it by them selves in albion's standards...
  2. A

Something I learned today - What ® R-Symbol or stars ** or *** in vitamin/mineral ingredients mean

By the way.. what they write in wikipedia.. supports my claim. you can not use R symbol in vein.. i mean illegal.. and we (most of us), buy supplements in u.s.. which is enough advanced country probably for R symbol. You can use R symbol only to represent the company or product. Trade Mark is...
  3. A

Maybe yes, maybe not, i need to look for more companies with trade mark who manufacture the products and see... i'm not sure yet... i miss looked on albion and now i see that they only supply others with powders .... dunno about others.. will discover soon.
  4. A

Forgot to add the website http://www.albionminerals.com/human-nutrition/products-trade/gold-medallion-program/program-overview
  5. A

You could be right.. i've just read something "For a product to qualify for Albion Gold Medallion Product status, all of the minerals in the product must be supplied by Albion, unless the formulation requires a mineral that Albion does not supply." but still it's informative, basically if it's...
  6. A

I think it's very important to know if you're really into supplements and want to know exact ingredients, what it's made of and etc... If in the list Can you see the R symbol and the 2 stars ** on Folate?? what does it mean? it means simply that the company factory doesn't manufacture this...
  7. A

Methylfolate vs Folic Acid: Myths vs. Facts

Yes sure, enter their own website and search for approved things. they do not approve healthy stuff, they wouldn't even approve 5-HTP which is 100% plant derived which works better than any synthetic anti depressant with all of their side effects and non working and other stuff...
  8. A

Methylfolate vs Folic Acid: Myths vs. Facts

This video is a myth and easily can be said that he doesn't know what he's talking about or he's FDA and big pharma supporter or could be a paid government person (Yes they exist) Folic Acid doesn't work, but 1% of the world can actually convert it to the active folate form.. so it's kind of...
  9. A

B12 and R-Protein (Haptocorrin also known as transcobalamin-1) question

Not true, there was a study, the the oral route (not sublingual), is the same as an injection ( if that's true i can assume it's same as sublingual as well - I've also seen somewhere that sublingual is same as oral for B12 deficiencies)...
  10. A

can someone clear up the folic/folinic acid controversy?

Try making a blood test to see what's out of balance in your system to feel better. focus on vitamin and mineral deficiency. Tell your doctor to check your Vitamin A, B (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B8, B9, B12), C, D (most important), K (also important, vit K and D3 must be taken together) If you take...
  11. A

I don't say don't eat vegetables, but if you have severe deficiency of Folate or B12, It's impossible to reverse the deficiency with just eating conventional veggies or fruits. Unless you eat non GMO fruits/veggies, eat only grass-fed meat with no antibiotics or homrones, the soil is totally...
  12. A

Well, it will be really hard to fill up the vitamin tanks when the soil is depleted in the minerals. the plants are better with minerals rather than without. it severely lacks the minerals.
  13. A

Hmm.. try adding P5P (B6 - not pyridoxine which is synthetic). And by any chance, do you take Folic Acid? it will not help, take only Methyl Folate (aka 5-MTHF). Folinic Acid and Methyl Folate have different functions. Folinic acid repairs DNA, new cell growth.. if you have hair falling out, so...
  14. A

Which type of B12 is most recommended for tachycardia and low B12?

If I were you, I wouldn't take HYDROXOCOBALAMIN (aka HydroxyCobalamin). It's FDA approved, that's why, and i don't trust the FDA. I would take the natural MethylCobalamin with a combination of adenosylCobalamin. + Methyl Folate (aka 5-MTHF) and B6 (Only P5P or pyridoxal 5 phosphate) [Also not...
  15. A

B12 and R-Protein (Haptocorrin also known as transcobalamin-1) question

I know B12 to be absorbed.. it must to be protected from the stomach acid (HCl), so it needs to be coated with the R-Protein or Haptocorrin which is excreted from the saliva glands..... Everything is fine with sublingual, because it stimulates saliva and it can be coated.. But how does B12 is...
  16. A

Should I hurry up when putting water soluble vitamin powders into juice and drinking it because it c

It includes vitamin vitamin B12 which is water soluble.. and other B vitamins, probiotics, B9, Vitamin C... When water soluble vitamin touches water it starts to dissolve.. should i be worried if it takes me around 3 minutes to put all the powders inside my juice.. from getting oxidized in the...