• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

Advice on NutraEval and Organic Acids Interpretation

Right now I'm working on my gut and also my HPA-axis but looking for some supplements for my HPA axis.
  2. B

Additionally, my functional medicine doctor did not want me taking any vitamins besides magnesium and zinc, such adenosylcobalamin and folate for 7 days prior to this test which is I was low. The RBC magnesium is the best way to test magnesium I’ve been told intracellularly versus outside of...
  3. B

Homozygous CBS 699T - Follow Yasko protocol?

Anyone with CBS 699T have high Hippuric acid? My NAC is 0 and all my tests show high hippuric acid but I cannot figure it out. Any advice? Thanks!
  4. B

I have found the NutraEval interpretation guide online but didn't notice anything too off.
  5. B

I have done the NutraEval 2 times and the Organic acids one time. I have not had someone analyze these tests in detail. I will post both results. My main concern is why is my NAC 0 in the Organic acids test. And my hippuric acid is very high too. I'm guessing it has nothing to do with GI...
  6. B

ORGANICS ACID RESULTS?

My NAC was 0 too. My hippuric acid was very high though.
  7. B

Advice with These Genetic Mutations?

Heterozygous VDR Taq- Tt VDR Fok- Ff MTHFR- A1298C- +/- MTRR 11 +/- CBS C699T +/- Homozygous MAO A 1-02 +/+ Any advice on these mutations? I do not know anything about them. Thanks!
  8. B

Supplements that Repair the BBB

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s278/disdatshit/DSC00633.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Dental-Health/Lump-on-left-side-of-hard-palate/show/533500&h=768&w=1024&tbnid=8JsHLFAdztBoeM:&docid=bUlGMIh_MOWS4M&ei=OHW1Vtn1DIbUeN6tmBg&tbm=isch&ved=0ahUKE...
  9. B

I'm actually taking milk thistle to help support my liver and gluthathione.
  10. B

I'm taking gluthionine but get brain fogs. My doctor said to stay on grains. Any advice? Anything for brain inflammation?
  11. B

Can anyone give me advice on what I'm going through?

@Mary, my skin is yellow and roof of mouth. I do have a NutraEval from 6 months ago if anyone knows how to interpret it and would give me some advice on it. Thanks!
  12. B

He wanted me on an anti-candida diet. I killed off the stuff I had. He told me to eat beans and I was doing better. Then this lead to problems. I took in my eyes and they aren't yellow, they are white. My liver is doing fine so I doubt it's jaundice. I got a comprehensive stool...
  13. B

I am really getting stressed starting college. I have a very important exam and have a colonoscopy scheduled in a month but it the test is before when I can even see anyone. I am also seeing an endocrinogist as well. I have hypothyroidism and leaky gut where my gut is too permeable and...
  14. B

Wouldn't you want to take supplements to increase your glutathione? I'm taking some stuff but wish I knew something for my BBB. I'm really strugglign. I get this pulsing and feel weird sensations in my brain. Has anyone ever healed leaky brain and leaky gut?
  15. B

Blood brain barrier question

I am really really struggling. I just had a symptom yesterday like my brain weighs 100 lbs. It feels so heavy. Also I eat so much and never feel full. I feel hungry rarely. My hormones are all off and neurotransmitters. Any advice? I'm reading, "Why Isn't My Brain Working?..."
  16. B

Don't you wanna try supplements that increase gluthathione not just taking the supplements? What exotic antioidants. I'm reading, "Why Isn't My Brain Working?... but don't understand the most helpful supplements. There's so many and appreciate anyone's advise. Do you have to avoid grains to...
  17. B

What are the most helpful supplements to take for leaky brain?
  18. B

For about 4-5 months. My roof of my mouth is all yellow. I'll keep an eye out for the rhythm tak-tak-tak. I haven't noticed anything like that.
  19. B

Advice on Leaky Gut

What advice can people give me. Here is what is going on. One day my gut is good and I start feeling full and hungry but then I wake up and its bad again. Should I avoid all whole grains and beans? I get a tingling in my brain as well. I take 2 probiotics and last night I ate beans and then...
  20. B

Can you heal a leaky gut without treating leaky brain? My gut is good one day and bad another. Do you get sensations and can you feel tingling in your brain? I feel this weird tingling in my brain. I'm not sure what it is.
  21. B

Blood brain barrier question

What supplements can I take to repair my blood brain barrier?
  22. B

Supplements that fix Blood-Brain-Barrier/Gut

What supplements do you take for leaky brain? I can't find anything and don't know what to do. I'm trying to find a doctor right now but can't find anyone.