• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. eastcoast12

Highly elevated CK (Creatine-kinase) anyone else?

I’d like to add that this post from Ema is important. Most diseases that cause elevated CKs are mitochondrial. If you haven’t already I would suggest (this is what my doctors had me do) a muscle biopsy, genome sequence, and whatever blood tests panel that looks for any sort of mitochondrial...
  2. eastcoast12

Highly elevated CK (Creatine-kinase) anyone else?

What up thinktank. It’s interesting that you mention CK levels. I used to be extremely active (college football, surf, snowboard, box, mountain bike, you name it I did it. I didn’t look like Brad Pitt, but I was in really good shape. I could go for a 10 mule run like it was a walk in the park)...
  3. eastcoast12

New paper by Morris: Role of Viruses, Bacteria, and Chronic Fungal Biotoxin Exposure in the Genesis

Lol. BPS: we found cfs/me people are crazy. Our study was rigerous and beautiful (p-value 357.2) But what about all those bio studies with p-values way less than .5. BPS: nothing to see here, move along
  4. eastcoast12

Sonya Chowdhury in shock public defence of ME as a biomedical condition ;)

Having EC involved with anything that has to do with cfs/me is equivilant to hiring Wakefield to oversee an autism study. It's that simple. Wakefield was a gastro. What the fuck does he know about the brain an autism in general? Nothing, absolutely nothing. Aleister Crowly is a phsychiatrist...
  5. eastcoast12

Wessely - Medical school “banter” denigrating GPs and psychiatrists must stop

Would you be able to expand on this. I'd love to hear the whole story.
  6. eastcoast12

MEGA Questions and Answers: Latest Petition update

There's no way that we should be green lighting this study. How can 2 people who spread lies about the community and got cought doing so be allowed to be involved. It's crazy. These people told the press that they felt safer in Afghanistan than in the U.K. because of death threats. Regardless of...
  7. eastcoast12

Dutch ME/CFS survey 2016 (600 patients)

I haven't read that study yet. Let me log on to QMUL website site to read it. Be right back.
  8. eastcoast12

"Lancet Flubs PACE Letter: Exposes Journal to Ridicule"

We'll the pace authors and that bird walk with their chins equally high. That's for sure
  9. eastcoast12

PACE Trial SF36PF ‘Improved’ (September 14) by Peter Kemp

He's been killing it with his articles. I love reading Everyone's perspective. Well maybe not love but you guys know what I mean
  10. eastcoast12

"Lancet Flubs PACE Letter: Exposes Journal to Ridicule"

I still honestly believe I'm in a weird dream sometimes. I mean in this day in age this can't happen right? Like...how? Then I remember. $. I honestly do t believe how these people walk around around everyday. If for once I thought that I severely hurt a bunch of people and who were bed bound...
  11. eastcoast12

Cannabis and ME/CFS

well look where unregulated neoliberal/conservative (is there even a difference any more) capitalism has got us today. Simple fact is if it was legalized people would have instant access to it. Capitalism has run its course. The US is literally an oligarchy where corporations are considered...
  12. eastcoast12

Cannabis and ME/CFS

I really think in general cannabis has huge potential for a lot of medicinal reasons. Makers of fentanyl recently got caught donating big bucks to to anti-pot lobby. They know the benefits for pain relief. So many different neuro conditions benefit from use with the most notable example to ease...
  13. eastcoast12

The PACE data have been released (9 Sept 2016)

Call it what it is. The pace group were conspiring to keep the data secret and falsified the results. It's a conspiracy. The word gets a bad wrap because of the flat earth people and moon landing deniers. The word is simply used now a days to deflect and make people look like crazies. The media...
  14. eastcoast12

****** !!!!!!!! ****************!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Junior version of PACE funded PI Dr Crawley

I agree. people confuse disrespecting authority and questioning authority. U know that whole vexatious thing:). This is something clearly sharpe, white and all the other flops don't understand
  15. eastcoast12

The PACE data have been released (9 Sept 2016)

Just wanted to change something. I put it in caps cause I don't now how to put it in bold. These people suck at life.
  16. eastcoast12

****** !!!!!!!! ****************!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Junior version of PACE funded PI Dr Crawley

I just wanted to jump in really quick. I'm a high school science teacher(in the US) and myself as well as the rest of my dept teach the kids to always think for themselves and always question the authority. I love when my kids question what I'm teaching as it leads to individuality and the...
  17. eastcoast12

Peter Tatchell: stigmatisation of ME/CFS #PACEtrial campaigners similar to what he faced

I'm not familiar with Tatchell, could you explain the wariness?
  18. eastcoast12

"News" 8 Sep 2016: PACE trial team analyse main outcome measures according to the original protocol

So just thinking about this from a different angle. They used the Oxford criteria for entry into the trial which is just 6 months of fatigue ( did they even describe the type of fatigue? Was the 6 months of fatigue even documented in medical records? I'm thinking the word fatigue wouldn't be...
  19. eastcoast12

Professor Ron Davis's response to Naviaux study, including Q and A with Dr Naviaux

Just wanted to say thanks to Ben, Prof. Davis, Linda (I think sorry if I'm wrong about the name rose49), dr. N and everyone else. All of you are pretty awesome.:thumbsup:
  20. eastcoast12

Tribunal orders QMUL to release anonymised PACE data 16 Aug 2016

As much as I am totally excited, happy, etc, I am fucking pissed man. How many newspaper articles, journal articles and other various scientific/non-scientific outlets reported on the claims of death threats and threats of violence against researchers by us. The whole god damned thing was...
  21. eastcoast12

Queen Mary and PACE, just what is their case?

As a fellow teacher I completely agree. After dealing with a bunch of crazy teenagers it sure as hell takes a lot to get us crazy. Thumbs up to you Graham for what ya did. :thumbsup:
  22. eastcoast12

[ELLE] Anecdotes used to promote O'Sullivan, complain she's being trolled

I'm not denying the fact that women have higher rates of certain diseases than men and visa versa. What I'm saying is I don't believe that the 70% of those women have a psychosomatic condition in the first place. I believe that there's a good chance those women have legitimate...
  23. eastcoast12

[ELLE] Anecdotes used to promote O'Sullivan, complain she's being trolled

70% of patients who suffer psychsomatic illnesses are women For the life of me I can't wrap my head around how women don't flip out when they see shit like this. Elle magazine is a woman's magazine that's basically promoting the idea that women are nuts. That is crazy. I can't understand how...
  24. eastcoast12

BrigitteDas chronische Erschöpfungssyndrom machte mich zu (German womens magazine ME + PACE trial)

Any way to get an English translation? My German consists of bratwurst and Hefeweizen
  25. eastcoast12

For severe ME day, August 8th, mother of the late campaigner Emily Collingridge writes article

Again, incomprehensible. As a god damn human being how could you treat someone like that. Absolutely criminal
  26. eastcoast12

Lipkin and Hornig ME/CFS Monster Study: Microbes, Immunity & Complex Data

Dude, we all want every possibility explored. If there is something wrong with your car you don't take the whole thing apart to look for the problem. This happens to be 1 study specific to the microbiome, that's it. It's taken mankind some 500,000 years to get to where we are now one step at a...