• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Healing symptoms when using B12/Folate actually B2 deficiency?

To save you the time, I will just say weekly injections in some cases are not enough, you may need daily injections. I am not experimenting with B12 right now as I am working on chelation.
  2. M

Repairing Mitochondria with NAD+, and other supplements

That post is just perfect! Thank you so much, just what I was looking for. I don't think I have a viral issue (my CFS gradually worsened, didn't start at a specific time though would be worse for a while after illnesses) but Mercury poisoning from a young age probably affected it, going to see...
  3. M

I am really not sure why you bought Pyroluria up, I assume it's to do with the effect it has on B6? And I am doing chelation (haven't gotten very far into it, though my energy levels on some days are better, along with minor improvements in cognitive functioning) at the moment, barely used ALA...
  4. M

The subject of mitochondrial repair has interested me quite a bit, and I would love to make some gains in this area despite having Mercury poisoning and some bacterial issues. The only supplement that has been recommended that I can see as repairing the mitochondria is NT Factor (by replacing...
  5. M

Transdermal B12 oils

Has anyone had good experiences using the B Group Spray? I am thinking of ordering it with the MethylB12 spray. It also contains Adenosylb12 so that is a plus.
  6. M

I don't have full blown ME/CFS myself, just my mental symptoms are pretty bad. Used to be way worse in 2014 in terms of physical symptoms though (I believe Mercury is the root cause of my misery). Thing is about FMN, Greg told me not to bother with it since my thyroid (thyroid hormone output is...
  7. M

The tingling is around other areas of the body too, not just the thyroid area (basically the front neck). I had a thyroid test, borderline hypothyroid with low iodine. I take Selenium (around 400mcg). I also take Jarrow B-Right, I think splitting one of those into two works a little better and...
  8. M

I read most of those documents. I suppose I should just back away from the Folate for now. How about this, I can tolerate around 2mg of B12 (in fact 1mg doesn't cause much of an effect at all), so how about I just do 2mg for a few days, and then increase it to 3mg? At some point add Metafolin...
  9. M

Mercury Chelation with Dr wrong protocal?

Alright, here is what you can do if he will give you DMPS in capsule form. If you can divide the doses, say around 5mg every 6 - 8 hours, try and do that. Get some empty capsules online and fill them with the powder from the (if he does) capsules he gives you. That way you can follow what he...
  10. M

He needs to exclude sulfur/thiols and see if that helps. He won't ever get the Mercury out from his brain by that method though, only ALA can do that. He could look into seeing if B12/Folate helps his symptoms first.
  11. M

I don't care, you will likely get much worse if you follow what this doctor says. You can't seriously let them do this to you! You have seen the reports of people doing harmful or inappropriate therapies on this site and getting worse right? You can not let them make you take EDTA. You can get...
  12. M

Is this possibly ruining absorption? I get the juice from the dissolving tablet going into my throat, so I accidentally swallow it. I keep it under the tongue at all times, so is this alright? I am getting itchy sensations around the thyroid and tongue when I do this.
  13. M

It won't cure all the issues since some have to be dealt with separately. It is however something most here should do at least for a few years.
  14. M

DON'T USE EDTA! It is very bad for those with Mercury toxicity, and can make it MUCH more toxic. It is good for other metals, but NEVER Mercury. Don't let him make you take it.
  15. M

I am trying it out again, took a few doses of B12 (around 4000mcg in total), didn't get as much of a response. I didn't take Methylfolate earlier (did in a B complex, only 200mcg or so), so I am assuming the Folate may be a limiting factor if I don't take it. Had a little bit of itchy...
  16. M

That would explain the numbness on my right thigh that started while on that diet (when lying in bed mostly). I didn't get much tingling though, however I did get more tingling in my hands after my short B12/Folate trial (where I took high doses).
  17. M

Thanks. I assume the extra folate with a lack of B12 put me in a Methyltrap or something. At least I am doing something about this now rather than later. I will take some B12 tomorrow morning to see how I tolerate it. Without Folate, it's only 1mg (which I tolerate well).
  18. M

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Try copper for a week and see what happens if that is what you may think. IT shouldn't hurt (unless you are copper toxic).
  19. M

Yeah, though I heard some (such as Freddd) need more Methylfolate if they have too much vegetable folate or from folic acid. This is a methyl trap apparently. I assume the folate does harm if it doesn't go into the cells? Sorry, it's just I am trying to see if my theory that I worsened due to...
  20. M

I found a B-Complex without the flushing type of niacin. Will order some of that later this week. There is another thing that was said I need to know your opinions on. I believe I dug myself into a deep methyl trap by eating a diet high in folate but fairly low in B12 (which I think was kept...
  21. M

Right, I am bothered by the Niacin in my B Complex as it gives me a flush. I really could use some advice on how to avoid it. I am not really getting an answer to my question, though I assume the guy I quoted may have been wrong since I recall Freddd getting copper deficiency due to his...
  22. M

Can someone fill me in on if this information is accurate or not. I was talking to the guy who runs the B12Oils website, he is quite knowledgeable about B12 issues, but when I asked him about B12 healing symptoms ("Start Up"). " Is it true that it's normal for B12 to cause certain negative...
  23. M

MethylFolate during the night, Safety, and Cofactors, questions basically

I hear B12 Oils are apparently pretty good and can be taken instead of an injection. That was one of my main concerns since over here it is kinda costly to get Methylcobalamin injections. Originally I Was just going to focus on chelation and hope for the best, however I was told that some...
  24. M

Again, thank you for being as helpful as you can. I don't think a test is 100% necessary, it's more important that I get prepared to go through with this with as much effort as possible, so it doesn't end up going wrong. A discussion with a friend of mine last night seemed to discourage me...
  25. M

Thanks for the link to the test Peter. What was the name of the test you did, was it elements in hair and did it have to be ordered via a physician? I read Caledonia's guides and another Freddd Protocol guide that was pretty useful. And I Am ordering the recommended supplements for next month...
  26. M

In this sort of sequel to my previous thread, I am not currently taking Methylation related supplements, though I did experiment with B12 (methyl) and Folate (also Methyl) a few days ago, and had a few improvements in mental symptoms that have been bothering me for the past year. I believe I may...
  27. M

Tingling when absorbing B12, what does this mean?

I do have digestive system issues, I think they can be addressed with some kind of special diet, it's the folic acid that's the issue here (and adrenal issues, not major fatigue but they can be stressed easily). I still don't know if you understand that if my body can't convert natural folate...
  28. M

They anger me, not your experiences persay, but because I find that everytime (like 9 out of 10 times) I end up having an argument about something like this and not really getting the answer (or anything close to it) that I want. It's not that your experience doesn't count for me (though it's...
  29. M

I am sorry, what foods are high in "FOLATE" and not "Folic" or "Folinic"? The issue is when someone says "healthy diet", I get the impression it's just green vegetables and non processed foods (though this is universally unhealthy for obvious reasons). And what gave you the impression that this...
  30. M

EDIT: After reading your ratio, it sounds like you might have needed more Folate in comparison to the B12, that might be why it messed you up as badly as it did. Please message Fredd or someone else regarding that, as it might allow you to reverse what happened to you. My original message...