• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. I

Denied Disability in Canada, not sure what to do?

While this all sounds ominous and awful, I appreciate your candour. I won't be applying for a little while yet but I'll take all of this into account when I do. And I may look in on you guys with more specific questions when the time comes. Thanks so much. I
  2. I

Tips on applying for long-term disability

Amazing information, thanks so much. I'm not applying right away but I may pick your brain with more specific questions in the future. Thanks again. I
  3. I

Thanks so much Kati, that's all great info. I didn't know I also had to apply for CPP simultaneously. What do you mean by 'you will be surveiled'? Did you have to go see the ins. company's doctors and if so, what did that entail?
  4. I

I'm in Canada. I've gotten lots of good information from this site and others. Hoping from some firsthand accounts of what worked and what didn't.
  5. I

I'm applying for long-term disability with my insurance company next week (I have CFS). Can anyone supply some tips of dos and don'ts? Much appreciated. I
  6. I

Hello there, new to this forum. I live in Toronto and I'm applying for long-term disability through my insurance company next week. I was on short-term, tried going back to work and it was just too much. Does anyone have experience with LTD through insurance and if so are you comfortable sharing?