• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. R

Methylfolate side effects what happened

@Freddd Thanks again, so much useful info that im sure you are tired of repeating to everyone who asks. One last question and then ill stop wasting your time for now: Is glutathione ever useful, for example if i have a period of overexercise, i could use it for a day or two to recover faster...
  2. R

Ill have to read all those posts tomorrow, too tired atm. @Freddd Can you copy paste your info on why you should not take NAC/glutathione because it binds to b12. Also was that originally your or Rich's theory? Thanks
  3. R

Some additional info: TMG has good effects and SAM-e gives me a lot of energy/mental clarity but also anxiety. Nothing ever felt from carnitine. Have taken way above the doses people usually take. (4g of acetyl carnitine and 3x the dose of fumarate) Is there any dangers with SAM-e and other...
  4. R

Thanks for all the answers :) Ive been through much of that thread and also read the FAQ about it on howirecovered's blog I only take essential aminos which is one product, because i struggle with protein digestion. I was thinking it could help my body make neurotransmitters and or prevent...
  5. R

Thank you so much for your continued responses and not only that but they are fast as well. Do you offer consults by the way? As in people could pay you money for you to look a little more over a persons case and give them info based on your knowledge. I was taking MeCbl for weeks prior to...
  6. R

@Freddd @Kathevans Could you help me try to figure out these symptoms?: After a large meal my heart rate speeds up to 90+, and blood pressure jumps up and down between really high and really low (after eating some almonds it sped up to 120. Not allergic to almonds) Generally really high...
  7. R

Thanks for your replies, both of you :) Really gives me valuable insight!
  8. R

Help with a friend's anxiety?

As far as i know methylfolate can increase glutamate levels and this will cause severe anxiety/panic attacks. I also get severe anxiety from low doses of methylfolate, but not from folinic at higher doses. Inflammation and oxidative stress also makes anxiety worse by several mechanisms...
  9. R

@Freddd Thanks :) If i test my genetics, will that be able to tell if i need high doses or if i could heal on RDA level doses?
  10. R

So i should actually just try to get the folate dose up really high fast, instead of going slow? I never took more than 1200mg and not at once, and had the issues stated in the original post. Not sure if i want to take the risk of taking those crazy amounts, how would i know if i should or...
  11. R

@Kathevans I do well with very high doses of mB12, and have done that on and off for soon 2 years. Folate dose never went above 1200mcg in a day and i only did it for less than a week.. I will get genetic testing done in the start of 2016, in the meantime ill just research this subject more...
  12. R

So having CFS/ME i decided to try Fredd's methylation protocol. (Methylfolate, methylb12, adenosylb12 + cofactors) The B12 gave amazing results sublingually compared to oral that i always used to take it. (Had top end of reference range with 1000mcg oral daily 1 year ago, went down to mid...