• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. R

Unfolded Protein Response and A Possible Treatment for CFS

Yeah great, I'm not the one who brought it up.
  2. R

Unfolded Protein Response and A Possible Treatment for CFS

Just more misinformation/confusion on the internet, the article doesn't talk about all the other upstream issues going on that lead to pyrroles showing up. I doubt it's a disease in itself, it's just a downstream effect of something depleting B6, like oxalates, gut issues, low antioxidants...
  3. R

Comment by 'renski' in 'Tudca follow up'

tudca increases bile, the bile then cleans out some bad microbes, the load on your gut, liver and brain is then lessened and inflammation is reduced
  4. R

Comment by 'renski' in 'Current Protocol (tweaked)'

Trying to change the gut with those diet changes won't do anything for me (although the high fibre is good), waste of time
  5. R

Very Severe Case - Please Help

what have they suggested (other than mast cell meds)? I think you need to detox but I wouldn't think glutathione is the first thing to try, there are so many other external therapies that can help but I haven't figured it out yet.
  6. R

Very Severe Case - Please Help

The doctors registered here are supposed to be good with mast cell issues, https://iseai.org/ Beth O'hara is also good on mast cell issues
  7. R

Castor Oil Packs - How to Video (8 Min.)

I don't tolerate castor oil on the liver, just means there are other issues unresolved and may need to support the liver differently or maybe not the liver at all.
  8. R

Thoughts treatments / cell danger response

Yes is a lot to take in, he has write ups from many other conferences as well which are even longer..
  9. R

Thoughts treatments / cell danger response

Hello, Can anyone make sense of this write up by the better health guy, he's quoting Neil Nathan regarding cell danger response. If you aren't addressing a toxin or infection then how do you get out of the CDR? He also says ozone or hbot won't work earlier on either. As he says here...
  10. R

Multiple binders

Yep could be that, or your body doesn't like the sulfate because something else is deficient/broken/unresolved. I don't tolerate epsom salt baths either and haven't figured out why.. may need to focus on other detox methods but who knows what.. coffee enema, sauna, fsm, ioncleanse foot bath...
  11. R

Multiple binders

epsom salt baths are a bad idea, supposedly need to open drainage pathways first if reacting to epsom salt baths (lymphatic, liver, bowels, kidney etc)
  12. R

Heavy metals- tests not reflecting symptoms? HTMA attached

Hair analysis can be deceptive and inaccurate, especially for something like copper, maybe try do the calculation that the pfeiffer protocol uses, like this test has done: https://www.nutripath.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/3415-PFEIFFER-BASIC-1.pdf...
  13. R

Anyone had luck with center for complex diseases?

Listening to an interview from Dr. Chheda, the tools/protocols she is using are just what other good functional/integrative doctors are using, but if your illness is complicated none of them will be able to resolve it (imo) on their own, or maybe you'll get lucky and one their protocols will...
  14. R

Health declined after using Biopure microminerals

@max_yazhbin, I can't msg you as well which is strange, feel free to keep posting here.
  15. R

Health declined after using Biopure microminerals

thanks, I gave up trying to interpret the results, wasn't really helping, I never fully understood what was going on in the amino acids section. Yep I've read that Richard Lord book too, he has a newer one out but can't find a copy of it. These tests haven't really helped me at all except to...
  16. R

Good discussion on CFS

another talk about peptides: http://dev.drsummits.com/videos/Nafysa_Parpia/
  17. R

Good discussion on CFS

@Mary: Bit harsh, she is a good doctor afaik, at least better than the typical/useless MD.
  18. R

Good discussion on CFS

19. R

Positive for Bartonella...and I have so many questions!

Just referring to liver/kidney drainage, detoxing gut/bowels, enemas etc
  20. R

Manganese Superoxide Dismutase - Antioxidant - Mitochondria

Take things to increase SOD activity, but also support Catalase and GPX to clear hydrogen peroxide, although not sure if that would use up more of your manganese? https://functionalgenomicnutrition.com/products/sod-plus
  21. R

Positive for Bartonella...and I have so many questions!

Seems anyone with these infections needs to work on drainage, extracellular matrix, lymphatic, detox, gut issues, etc.
  22. R

Blood/Urine test opinion (Lithium, folic acid....?...

I know this is old, but when I had b12 injections a while ago, my hair lithium came up, and I didn't take any lithium, so I would say it's a measurement of low b12 (and low ATP), and taking lithium probably not the way to raise it.
  23. R

Organic Acids Test - false results?

There's more to it then just measuring histamine, B12/folate/B6 would be good markers to check, homocysteine, etc. https://fxmed.co.nz/organic-acid-testing-an-essential-tool-for-methylation-issues/
  24. R

I think if your stressed or adrenals are under stress the HVA marker can be high, for methylation it'd be better to assess it from organic acids test, and methylation profile etc. I wouldn't worry about methylation/COMT, it'll all work out as long as it's done in the right order, you may have to...
  25. R

Tried COMT inhibitor, like EGCG or Quercetin? B6 is needed to make dopamine. Or maybe some adrenal support/adaptogens.
  26. R

Yeah I was referring to their statement about conventional medicine, but wouldn't completely trust Selfhacked's opinion either, from my own experience with these tests they are mostly valid and useful, when Genova has different readings to Great plains, that's where they lose me.
  27. R

Heh, I wouldn't rely on conventional medicine's opinion on whether they think it's useful.
  28. R

B2 I love you!

Going through my notes, glutaric acid is a detox marker as well.. so might not mean B2 deficiency.. maybe find out what else glutaric acid indicates? Also:
  29. R

How can we "stimulate" mTOR?

It's interesting a lot of the nutrients that inhibit mtor inhibit the neuroinflammation/microglial activation, improve Th1 response/immune system balance, reduces cytokines, improve Nrf2 etc.. seem to have overlapping actions
  30. R

Did you have high HVA and or DOPAC? High HVA can be high dopamine but it can also mean your wasting/burning through it and are actually low. Some of these organic acid tests can be misleading/inaccurate, I've had great plains OAT, Nutreval and neuro biogenic amines (Doctors Data) done and the...