• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. I

Why do we feel better at night?

I would like to put forward another suggestion. Irlen syndrome. Look at the research of Leow. He concluded from a tiny study that all with me/cfs have irlen. The problem with Irlen I that symptoms are diverse ad what one has another may not. Sadly expect at the first mention of education...
  2. I

Increased Vulnerability to Pattern-Related Visual Stress in Myalgic Encephalomyelitis

PACE CBT/GET etc. Here we go again. I have a family of 5 with visual stress/IS 3 of which have Me/cfs Unfortunately thus research was sadly poor, the following masters worse. Even more interesting was the email conversation I had with Dr Hutchinson asking if she would take me on as supervisor to...
  3. I

Amnesia

I know this sounds odd , but , are any of these incidents related to brighter light or fluorescent lights? Does it happen as much if you wear sun glasses?
  4. I

Brain fatigue?

I have 3 in the family who have me and all of us have Irlen syndrome. A recent paper published by the university of Leicester shows a rate of 75% of me/cfs folk with Irlen.makes sense as both irlen and me/cfs are more likely to crop up in family's with autism (co-occurant). I suggest you check...
  5. I

Body jerks in the evening?

I agree mycolonic jerks. I have this and find both sugar and alcohol make it worse. I also feel it has got substantially better after taking b12 as per the protocols here. I have had episodes where I have ached the following day too, yes scary. Mine was like restless leg syndrome for many...
  6. I

liver enzym CYP2C19*17 frustrates Progesteron, adrenals and MAO A

could you please tell me what your estrogen symptoms are? I think a friend has these same genes thx
  7. I

What Fixed/Aided Your Brain Fog?

upps pressed the wrong button first post. What brand of yucca do you use and how much daily? Thx linda